Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

4hrs transit in LHR, enough to exit/re-enter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Turns out a friend is transiting (4 hrs) through LHR enroute to the US, while I arrive LHR at the same time. Debating whether it makes sense fo try and meet

I'm assuming 4hrs should be sufficient for them to exit and re-enter immigration (US passport and fast track). We would meet in T5 to save time.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Assuming your friend has the right kind of passport to use the e-gates (eg USA or EU), then anything up to a 2.5 hour delay should still give them time to meet you landside

T5 has conformance, so they need to be back at the boarding pass scans at the entrance to security in time, IIRC 35 minutes before departure or they'll be automatically offloaded, so keep an eye on the time

With 4 hours, you would need to just meet at one of the landside cafes in T5, or possibly the restaurant at the Sofitel, there's not really time to go elsewhere. One of the pubs served by the free Heathrow area local buses perhaps if everything is on time, but staying in T5 is probably easier and lower stress!
malgudi likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Assuming your friend has the right kind of passport to use the e-gates (eg USA or EU), then anything up to a 2.5 hour delay should still give them time to meet you landside

T5 has conformance, so they need to be back at the boarding pass scans at the entrance to security in time, IIRC 35 minutes before departure or they'll be automatically offloaded, so keep an eye on the time

With 4 hours, you would need to just meet at one of the landside cafes in T5, or possibly the restaurant at the Sofitel, there's not really time to go elsewhere. One of the pubs served by the free Heathrow area local buses perhaps if everything is on time, but staying in T5 is probably easier and lower stress!
There's a carluccios landside at T5 that does reasonble Italian food.
malgudi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.