FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   Transit in LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/2004542-transit-lhr.html)

Melodsal Jan 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Transit in LHR

I have a revenue trip to BOM with significant schedule changes because VS changed their flight times which now has my connecting flight from LHR leaving before I arrive in LHR (VS flights as DL codeshares). Called up and tried to change to fly through JFK-BOM but was told by agent (after checking with supervisor) that was not an option because VS Upper Class is a different class of service from Delta One Suites. Has any one encountered that before?

The _Banking_Scot Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Melodsal (Post 31955132)
I have a revenue trip to BOM with significant schedule changes because VS changed their flight times which now has my connecting flight from LHR leaving before I arrive in LHR (VS flights as DL codeshares). Called up and tried to change to fly through JFK-BOM but was told by agent (after checking with supervisor) that was not an option because VS Upper Class is a different class of service from Delta One Suites. Has any one encountered that before?

Hi,

Are you sure you have posted in the right forum as this is transfers in Japan forum ( and you appear to be transferring in LHR and on VS which no longer flies to Japan)?. I have alerted the moderators so that they may move this to the correct forum.

Regards

TBS

UKtravelbear Jan 15, 2020 4:36 pm

What is your actual question?

Schedules get changed all the time.

Are you asking how connections at LHR work or how the airline - not clear if you booked via Virgin or Delta - can help you?

Melodsal Jan 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Apologies all - I rather embarrassingly posted to the wrong forum! I had meant to post this to the Delta schedule change forum :eek: can one of the mods please help me move it there? Thanks!

UKtravelbear Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Melodsal (Post 31955340)
Apologies all - I rather embarrassingly posted to the wrong forum! I had meant to post this to the Delta schedule change forum :eek: can one of the mods please help me move it there? Thanks!

Use he red triangle to alert the modS.

but please make your thread title and post more specific to your issue so you get specific advice related to your problem. You really issue is about a schedule change not how to connect at LHR.

Frequentlander Jan 16, 2020 2:09 pm

New Question

I have an itinerary next month on BA in F, MAD-LHR-YVR

MAD-LHR arrives in T5
LHR-YVR departs T3.

As an F passenger, what can I expect in terms of getting between T5 and T3? Am I on the Piccadilly line as usual or are other arrangements made for F PAX?

Thanks

UKtravelbear Jan 16, 2020 5:53 pm

No BA special treatment for F.

Just follow the purple flight connections route and stay airside.

scottishpoet Jan 18, 2020 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Frequentlander (Post 31959144)
New Question

MAD-LHR arrives in T5
LHR-YVR departs T3.

As an F passenger, what can I expect in terms of getting between T5 and T3? Am I on the Piccadilly line as usual or are other arrangements made for F PAX?

Thanks

Assuming you are on a through ticket so your lugfage is checked through then no need to go landside and take the tube. Use the airside bus transfer.

Unlikely ba will do anything special for you

Frequentlander Jan 18, 2020 10:49 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 31965777)
Unlikely ba will do anything special for you

Testify!

jerry a. laska Jan 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander (Post 31959144)
New Question

MAD-LHR arrives in T5
LHR-YVR departs T3.

Thanks

Also see this thread in the BA forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ng-lhr-t5.html

LondonElite Jan 21, 2020 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Melodsal (Post 31955132)

If you are on one ticket then call whoever issued the ticket to sort it out with different flights. If you are on two separate tickets, you are out of luck and may have to buy a new ticket. What exactly are the details?

ozflier Jan 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Re transit ONEWORLD to STAR at LHR.

I plan to be arriving T5 LHR from Reykjavíkat 1535 on BA and departing from T2 on Lufthansa leaving at 1655.

Then I realised that there were 2 separate tickets both business class and the transfer time would be inadequate.

I doubt that there would be an airside transfer desk to check in for LH so I’m guessing that I will need to go thru immigration and check in at LH.

Could you advise me the minimum time that I would need to do this?

Mwenenzi Jan 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by ozflier (Post 31979072)

I plan to be arriving T5 LHR from Reykjavíkat 1535 on BA and departing from T2 on Lufthansa leaving at 1655.

Then I realised that there were 2 separate tickets both business class and the transfer time would be inadequate.

I doubt that there would be an airside transfer desk to check in for LH so I’m guessing that I will need to go thru immigration and check in at LH.

Will you have any checked bags? Or only carry-on?

ozflier Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Unfortunately a checked bag each.

LondonElite Jan 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by ozflier (Post 31979072)

A sensible time frame for this is about three to four hours. You’ll need to collect your luggage, make your way to T2, and check in again. If you miss your LH flight’s check in deadline, expect to buy a new ticket.