Reload this Page >

Best Hotel at LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hotel at LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Best is always difficult as its so subjective.

From my perspective the hotels along the bath road are all fine, and i pick based on price and loyalty program.

Being a Scot, I tend not to pay the premium to stay in the sofitel.

Dont bother with hoppa bus. The bath road hotels are easily accessible by london red bus whish is free along the bath road as far as harlington corner,£1.50 thereafter. Quite a saving each way on the hoppa!!
MSPeconomist and bunkunu like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Ben from OMAAT recently wrote about LHR hotels and nearby accomodation, it could be worth a read:
https://onemileatatime.com/heathrow-hotel-alternative/
bunkunu likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zip10001
Ben from OMAAT recently wrote about LHR hotels and nearby accomodation, it could be worth a read:
https://onemileatatime.com/heathrow-hotel-alternative/
To be fair I don't think any he mentions are what I would call LHR hotels, more interesting hotels further afield but are accessible from LHR. I think the OP is looking for something within the immediate LHR area.
bunkunu likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ben from OMAAT
I almost always find it easiest to just stay at an airport hotel so that I can avoid traffic, and can work, work out, and rest. It’s not very glamorous, but it does the trick.

However, I really want to try something different this time around.
Based on this from the article I think Ben agrees that these are not airport hotels!
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
You can’t go in to T3 from landside without a T3 bp.
Originally Posted by clubman
As for accessing T3 airside, as already mentioned, it's a no no.
I used to think this too, but I soon discovered thanks to the members of this forum, that you can access T3 with a T5 BP, you just cannot access T5 with a T3 BP. I just don't remember the extra details but I will have to re-do the search again.

thank you all so much for the tips on the hotels! ❤️

From everyone's responses it looks like it will have to be either Sofitel or Premier Inn
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by bunkunu
I used to think this too, but I soon discovered thanks to the members of this forum, that you can access T3 with a T5 BP, you just cannot access T5 with a T3 BP. I just don't remember the extra details but I will have to re-do the search again.

thank you all so much for the tips on the hotels! ❤️

From everyone's responses it looks like it will have to be either Sofitel or Premier Inn
I believe you will find when you search that you can do that but you already need to be airside. In your case, you will be landside as noted by Karfa.
KARFA and :D! like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:01 am
mjm
Original Member

Of note for hotels with easy access to the HX are the 5.50pound tickets they are selling now. Made my choice of an airport stay for three days very easy.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:00 am

you cannot access T3 from landside with a T5 boarding pass.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
From a convenience factor, at least from T2, HGI. In under five minutes of walking distance from the terminal, you can be in your room. Good view of the airport from some rooms , including landings and takeoffs. Food decent in the hotel, can also walk to T2 with some options there.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
If price is an issue, I would recommend the Renaissance Heathrow Hotel. Value for money is good, there is a free bus to/from near hotel (in addition to the Heathrow Hoppa Bus).
Breakfast is very good and many of the rooms have a view of the LHR runways.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Gigantor
If price is an issue, I would recommend the Renaissance Heathrow Hotel. Value for money is good, there is a free bus to/from near hotel (in addition to the Heathrow Hoppa Bus).
Breakfast is very good and many of the rooms have a view of the LHR runways.
It's a good choice for hotel but I wouldn't generally recommend it based on price - it is usually more expensive than many of the other Bath Road options in my experience.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
It's a good choice for hotel but I wouldn't generally recommend it based on price - it is usually more expensive than many of the other Bath Road options in my experience.
Really???
I have often stayed there for 59 GBP per night.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Gigantor
Really???
I have often stayed there for 59 GBP per night.
That's pretty good. I find it tends to be more than that, at least if booking late - e.g. for tonight it's £85 whereas some of the (not as nice) Bath Road hotels are a fair bit less, e.g. Ibis Styles is £48, Ariel £55, the new HI £69.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:59 am

I find the new HI is pretty good value. Cash rates tend to be low and as usual, IHG showers you with points.

They have like a huge amount of exec rooms so most elites will get the upgrade. It's a bit of a pseudo-upgrade, though (same room but free non-alcoholic minibar + bathrobe/slippers + Nespresso machine).

Nevertheless, the location is pretty ideal. The buses to/from the Central Bus Terminal run like every 5 min and the bus ride is only around 5 min. The hotel is roughly 100 m distance to the bus stop.

I used to like the Novotel T1T2T3 but their elite recognition has deteriorated to essentially nothing so I refuse to book it going forward.

I book the Renaissance when the price is right only (as Marriott isn't one of my primary programs).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sofitel is most convenient for me when I am flying into and/or out of T5.

It shows up at a pretty good price using some “opaque” booking methods.

At times I do use the Bath Rd hotels, but it’s mostly the Sofitel for me when I’m staying by the airport.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.