Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

From Belfast City Airport to the Titanic Hotel

Old Dec 3, 19, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors

Just trying to work out options, to see what needs booking and paying in advance (helps me budget)

Last Friday in Jan, I'm travelling with my boy to Belfast to find out about the Titanic, as a tenth birthday treat for the boy. We're arriving at 2100 into Belfast City, with only a little bit of luggage - a couple of changes of clothes.

Now, looking at a map, I can see the airport isn't far out of the city, and that the Titanic Quarter is on the same side as the airport.

So far my research has found that it's probably too far to walk, I can get an airport shuttle to a railway station and it's one stop, and if I go by bus I have to go into the city and back out again.

Is this one of those occasions when I'm just going to have to get a cab and be done with it?
Old Dec 3, 19, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Just jump in a taxi, there is a line just at the front of the terminal and usually very little wait time.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noniron View Post
Just jump in a taxi, there is a line just at the front of the terminal and usually very little wait time.
That's what I was thinking. It's certainly the quickest route.

What's best for getting from the Titanic to the City Centre for sightseeing the following day? Or is that walkable?
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC
The City centre is walkable from the Titanic Hotel unless your son very young then a taxi or uber might be best.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noniron View Post
The City centre is walkable from the Titanic Hotel unless your son very young then a taxi or uber might be best.
He's 10 and likes a walk. Happy to walk in as we get to see so much more, and then taxi back if we need to later on.
noniron likes this.
Old Dec 4, 19, 3:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2 View Post
He's 10 and likes a walk. Happy to walk in as we get to see so much more, and then taxi back if we need to later on.
Failing that, the G2 Glider bus runs every 10-15 minutes and costs 1.60 per adult (with myriad day and other tickets available).
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut View Post
Failing that, the G2 Glider bus runs every 10-15 minutes and costs 1.60 per adult (with myriad day and other tickets available).
Thanks,

I'm looking at the plans I have for the weekend now and trying to work out if a Belfast Visitor pass will be worth the expense if I'm basically just doing Titanic, Nomadic and the HoHo bus, or whether just to go for single tickets on arrival.

Search this Thread