Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Where to overnight now Pisa flights moved to T3

Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Hello please can you help? Historically have always stayed somewhat extravagantly I know at the Sofitel at T5 however Pisa flights have now moved to T3. I will have a flight at around 8.20am and would like to know which other alternative hotels I could use (I have Accor and Hilton membership) or do I just suck it and see and grab very early cab from London? Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The new Hilton Garden Inn T2?
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
The new Hilton Garden Inn is an option, a bit more basic than the Sofitel though.

Failing that, any of the hotels along Bath Road, and a quick bus ride into Heathrow Central.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Continue at the Sofitel, and just take the free tube or HEX from T5 to T3.

Takes all of about 3 minutes, and more convenient than schlepping in from any of the Bath Road hotels.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Under the Accor brand, you could stay at the Ibis Styles. Accessible using a number of free buses and gets into T3 in a matter of minutes.

It's a very basic hotel but it's cheap and comfortable enough with breakfast included.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

Takes all of about 3 minutes, and more convenient than schlepping in from any of the Bath Road hotels.
Some Bath Road hotels are just as convenient. Travelodge Central (dont laught) especially their plus rooms have a bus stop outside. For the Gibraltar do, leaving hotel to CX F including check in and security 17 minutes. Cost aŁ1.50 on an oyster or contactless card. The Moxy, Renaissance or Premier Inn on Bath Road have TFL bus stops outside them too and are free 24/7 to Heathrow Central Bus Station.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Pick one of the hotels that has free public bus service, which is a lot more frequent than the overpriced hotel shuttle bus routes.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Some Bath Road hotels are just as convenient. Travelodge Central (dont laught) especially their plus rooms have a bus stop outside. For the Gibraltar do, leaving hotel to CX F including check in and security 17 minutes. Cost aŁ1.50 on an oyster or contactless card. The Moxy, Renaissance or Premier Inn on Bath Road have TFL bus stops outside them too and are free 24/7 to Heathrow Central Bus Station.
Its actually free, you don't need to tap on if you are on bath Rd and headed to heathrow
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by davem4
Its actually free, you don't need to tap on if you are on bath Rd and headed to heathrow
The Travelodge is outside the free travel zone so that does cost Ł1,50 and you do need a contactless or OYSTERCARD.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:03 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
One of these two:
Originally Posted by bhbloke
The new Hilton Garden Inn is an option, a bit more basic than the Sofitel though.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
But definitely not this one below. There's nothing "quick" or even sort-of-nice about taking the bus to/from Bath Road.
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Failing that, any of the hotels along Bath Road, and a quick bus ride into Heathrow Central.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:16 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TBD
But definitely not this one below. There's nothing "quick" or even sort-of-nice about taking the bus to/from Bath Road.
Lest the OP should be concerned given lack of experience of Bath Road hotels, I'll balance this by saying that many, many people manage perfectly happily with the TfL buses. From Harlington Corner, at the very end of the free ride zone, I'd be very surprised if it's ever taken me more than 10 minutes to reach the Central Bus Station, more usually much closer to 5 - so I am particularly struggling with the "not quick" assertion.

If you have a lot of luggage then I'll accept that will make life a little more challenging to find space on the bus, but the trip is so short it can hardly be considered a major ordeal which you'd never want to repeat.

If you really want comfort, a taxi will get you there for a tenner.
bhbloke likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TBD
There's nothing "quick" or even sort-of-nice about taking the bus to/from Bath Road.
I have done it on many occasions, and have no problem with it at all (Admittedly hand luggage only)

The bus journey, on a normally very empty bus, is a maximum of 10 minutes if you're at the very end of bath road, and the walk from Heathrow Central to T3 is another maximum 10 minutes (allowing for walking really slowly dragging a big case).

Lots of options for an Accor Loyalty Member, which is why I highlighted it.

Obviously, if you value snob factor then it's a non-starter. If you value simple, free and quick transport connections then it's certainly a goer.
nivsy, kingstontoon and NWIFlyer like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
There's also an Aerotel opening at T3 shortly which may be a little fancier.

https://www.myaerotel.com/en-uk/find...kingdom/london
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:37 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Then perhaps I had an outlier experience. No one at LHR could tell me which bus stop would take me to the Bath Rd hotels. Once I finally sorted that out, I waited 25 mins for a bus to show up before I gave up and took a taxi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.