Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car service from LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Car service from LHR?

I realize this isn’t really a BA question but you all have been so very helpful and I know lots of you are intimately acquainted with LHR! 😀

i need to book a car to go from LHR to Cambridge. I am well aware that train or coach would be far more economical but they are simply not possible for this situation.

Can people recommend a company? I did find an old recommendation for something called Cambridge Connections.

Thank you in advance for any advice
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
several threads about car services here if you did a little

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread was originally posted in BA forum but moved to UK/Ireland because of the lack of specific relevance to BA.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wanda7
I realize this isn’t really a BA question but you all have been so very helpful and I know lots of you are intimately acquainted with LHR! 😀

i need to book a car to go from LHR to Cambridge. I am well aware that train or coach would be far more economical but they are simply not possible for this situation.

Can people recommend a company? I did find an old recommendation for something called Cambridge Connections.

Thank you in advance for any advice
I've had success using https://gettransfer.com/en - you put in your journey details, and the website then tenders the trip out to dozens of private car / limo services. You then see in realtime the offers you have, along with a button to book. For context, I've consistently got £225 return from my place (near Leamington Spa) to T3 and T5 in a nice Merc E Class.

No affiliation to the website, incidentally, just a repeat customer.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Resolved. Thank youTredders
Tredders likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.