LHR T2 overnight

Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by AudenHoggart
Does anyone have information about the actual opening date for the Hilton Garden in T2? We have reservations for 23 August prior to our 24 August departure from T3 at 10:30 a.m.

The Hilton website is no longer showing any availability for July, August, September. I phoned Hilton who contacted the hotel and reported back that we should check back in August!

Any local knowledge about what's going on? I'm wondering if we need to change our reservation. Since it's prepaid I'd try to get Hilton to just put us into something else. But if that's the case, what should I want? The Hilton in T4, the Hilton Garden on Bath Road, or something else? FWIW, we'd be arriving at the Central Bus Station late afternoon of 23 August.

Thanks!
I am seeing pretty much unlimited availability from July 10 onward, including your arrival date of August 23. The banner on the website still says:
This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival July 1, 2019 and beyond.

How are you searching?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:21 pm

You're right Finkface. I again see availability. It may have been some type of system glitch in the Hilton system this afternoon. But the curious thing is that when I called Hilton HHonors they said they'd check with the hotel and, after a while on hold, they came back and said I'd need to check again in August about availability for the date we'd reserved.

For the moment I'll just chalk it up to a computer glitch at Hilton, but I'll keep my eye out.

BTW - If anyone happens to be passing through Heathrow T2 it would be helpful if they could give an update on whether it appears that it will soon be open. I suppose July 1st is a test.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Check out this thread - Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }.

They have rebooked July 1st, but are still saying they are honouring July 2nd and 3rd. But future bookings not open, and people with later reservations being told to check back later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.