Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Recommendation 3 nights - London

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Hotel Recommendation 3 nights - London

Hi everyone, would love to hear of some recommendations for a 3 night 2 full day for a family of 4 ( 3 year old and a baby). Budget is around $200 a night . would love to see some of the major attractions in London. Do you recommend staying somewhere central or somewhere outside and taking the train with a family?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
Hi everyone, would love to hear of some recommendations for a 3 night 2 full day for a family of 4 ( 3 year old and a baby). Budget is around $200 a night . would love to see some of the major attractions in London. Do you recommend staying somewhere central or somewhere outside and taking the train with a family?

Thanks in advance.
Many hotels have a room occupancy limit of 2 or sometimes 3 people. You might be able to find a family room, but you’ll likely have search a bit.

I’d always try to stay closer to where you want to be. Lots of train travel get old, especially with kids, and of course inflates your total bill.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
You could try looking at a "budget chain" such a Premier Inn. You might have to call but I believe they have Family Rooms. Actually all the major brands will have some type of family room but it may not be advertised on the website. And be careful of booking a double and expecting the kids to be free. In many hotels in EU?UK there is a maximum room occupancy that is enforced ( and the room would be too small for 4 anyways)..

What do you consider the major attractions?

But I would stay close to what you want to see. Public transport is great and the kids will ride free, but it can be a bit of a hassle. The buses are great though, free sightseeing tour...LOL
Old May 11, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
When are you coming to London because $200 (approx £ 155) per night will get you very different hotels in different locations depending on the time of year and actual locations.

I am always wary of staying well outside of the city centre (which is quite large) because the travel can get a little draining especially with two little ones.
farci likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I would also stay close to where you want to be - always nice to be able to pop back to the room quickly in the middle of the day for a short nap or break. Premier Inns are a good choice - usually (relatively) inexpensive, clean and well-suited for families. There's a good one on the South Bank at County Hall. Just across the bridge from Parliament, Big Ben, etc. Near the aquarium and the London Eye, which might be fun for the 3-year old. Always lots going on in the immediate area.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Thumbs up Presidential Apartments Marylebone - The Best Place to stay

If you are planning for a stay at the heart of London - Central London, then Presidential Apartments Marylebone will be the best option for you to book your stay. Most of the popular London attractions are nearby and staying here is also cost friendly.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Julie121
If you are planning for a stay at the heart of London - Central London, then Presidential Apartments Marylebone will be the best option for you to book your stay. Most of the popular London attractions are nearby and staying here is also cost friendly.
Should you be declaring an interest by any chance? 🙂
Old May 16, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
When are you coming to London because $200 (approx £ 155) per night will get you very different hotels in different locations depending on the time of year and actual locations.

I am always wary of staying well outside of the city centre (which is quite large) because the travel can get a little draining especially with two little ones.
Mid August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.