Wiki Posts
Search

Three days near Shannon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A
Three days near Shannon

Hope you guys can give some advice. We are going from LON to SNN in two weeks time with a 7 month old. Our msin interest is natural beauty, although a castle would be nice. Within the time frame our options seem to be going north to Cliffs of Moher, a boat trip to one of the Aran Islands from Doolin, the Burrens, Aillwee caves, and maybe Connemara and Killary fjord. Overnight would either be two nights in Galway or one night Doolin and one night Galway.
Alternatively, we could go south to Dingle Peninsula, Killarney and Ring of Kerry. Is there any clear preference for one itinerary over the other? Are the Aran islands worth going to (which one) or are other islands more worthwhile. Finally, are there any impressive castles in the area?
Thanks for advice
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
There are some nice castle grounds in Killarney.

I would personally drive the Dingle peninsula over the Ring of Kerry. Plenty of great historical buildings and cliffs to see and generally much less crowded with buses. I have to admit to a person bias with the town of DIngle, however. It doesn't hurt that they have their own distillery

My two cents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.