Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

London hotel on points: Which do you recommend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London hotel on points: Which do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Jono
I recently enjoyed a five night award stay at the Marriott Park Lane which is right next to Hyde Park, the Marble Arch tube station and steps away from Oxford St shopping. As a Marriott Platinum, I got lounge access which included breakfast, daytime snacks, evening drinks. The hotel is boutique-like - only 150 rooms, and with great service - I believe it was an old apartment building converted to a hotel. I used upgrade certs to get a suite and was suitably impressed.
I am staying at the Hilton Park Lane (I am Diamond) on Sunday (my first day in London) on a free weekend night cert, and then Marriott Park Lane (Platinum) the remainder of my trip on points. used my SNA'a and got confirmation today that the Marriott upgraded me to the Premier Suite. Is that the room you got? Is it as nice as the pictures look? Does it have a balcony like the photos look?

Thanks in advance!!
Old May 8, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Smrtmom1
Marriott upgraded me to the Premier Suite. Is that the room you got? Is it as nice as the pictures look? Does it have a balcony like the photos
My room was called a Premier Suite - it was similar in furnishings to the one in the photos, but has a different layout - it didn't have a balcony, just windows overlooking the street by the front entrance and a corner of Hyde Park. Upon looking at the floorplan, there are some bigger suites in the corners of each floor , but I was very happy with the one I had. The best part was the huge bathroom, but also a very comfortable separate living room.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Thank you, again!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.