Bag zip repair - London recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)

I have a 6 year old Samsonite suit case that I use when I need hold baggage. It has four external zips, and as of my last trip, two are broken. They broke on separate BA trips, and I reported neither. Maybe I should have?

Both zips have two 'pulls' on them (the bits you grab and use to open/close), which interlock and allow a security cable to go through. In both cases one pull has been snapped off.

Anyway, I thought my local Timpsons could handle a zip repair/replacement, but they say no way. Anyone used anywhere in London area they'd recommend. I'm assuming here that the price will be reasonable, there's nothing else wrong with the bag, surely I don't need to replace it.

Cheers

Rick
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
The Samsonite service centre is in Maidenhead.
No experience of using them, just I've looked them up before for a couple of new wheels, but due to my general malaise, didn't take it any further.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Try Alba Luggage on Marylebone Rd right round the corner from Baker St tube station. I have a suitcase they fixed under guarantee (the manufacturer recommended them), not sure what their prices are like.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Ask Samsonite. I’ve had a set of their suitcases for over 20 years and they replaced the wheels (/sent replacement wheels for me to install myself) on one last year for free. Great service and great luggage.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:24 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As bag repair has no obvious connection to BA, and the OP is specifically asking for London area recommendations for repair shops, we’ll move this to our UK & Ireland forum for further input.

/mod
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Ended up at K2 Global, the Samsonite repair place in Maidenhead, simply because I had a meeting nearby. Case fixed for free, while I waited, under warranty. Thanks for all responses.

Rick
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Try Alba Luggage on Marylebone Rd right round the corner from Baker St tube station. I have a suitcase they fixed under guarantee (the manufacturer recommended them), not sure what their prices are like.
I used Alba luggage a few years ago to mend a zip on my Samsonite suitcase. They did a good job and weren't too expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.