Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin day trip advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
I have my drinking age question answered. Now looking for day trip advice. We will do 3, possibly 4 day trips. There are 4 of us - kids will be 16 & 18. We are looking at one trip to Northern Ireland and then either 2 or 3 more trips. We want to hit the major sites - Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, etc. We also want to see the country side and hit some small towns and have a pint at some local pubs. Should I look at booking these ahead of time? I would prefer to wait until we are there and then find a local travel guide to help us book what we want to do. Any advice would be appreciated. We are going in July.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by ksucats
I have my drinking age question answered. Now looking for day trip advice. We will do 3, possibly 4 day trips. There are 4 of us - kids will be 16 & 18. We are looking at one trip to Northern Ireland and then either 2 or 3 more trips. We want to hit the major sites - Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, etc. We also want to see the country side and hit some small towns and have a pint at some local pubs. Should I look at booking these ahead of time? I would prefer to wait until we are there and then find a local travel guide to help us book what we want to do. Any advice would be appreciated. We are going in July.
I wouldn't wait, especially if the tours are some of the more highly rated and popular ones. July is busy and crowded, and you need four seats on each bus. I'd book at least one tour in advance, if not all of them -- particularly the one I would be most interested in doing and would hate to miss.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:18 pm

You're going to try and do trips to Clare and Cork from Dublin in a day? To be honest, I would go back to the rent a car idea and overnight somewhere and take it a bit more leisurely .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.