Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Place to watch some planes (LHR T3 Airside)?

Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold

Dear all,

I am bored to death in the Aspire lounge at LHR T3 (and totally stuffed because they keep feeding me this pretty tasty Filipino dish).
Out of the window, I have the of course unbeatable view of an A320 and a baggage handler smoking, but I hear lot's of interesting heavies arriving and departing (confirmed by my buddy Flightradar).
Well, do the LHR-guru's of this forum know of any spot in T3 to watch some planes/maybe even have some good runway views? Or might there be a good spot before security? Should be good to get a walk and burn some of the calories before stepping on the plane for 14 hours.

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:47 am

The only half-decent areas to see something in T3 I'd say are between gates 34 and and 36-40. Opposite gate 34 there's a seating area with a view on the horseshoe and the gate 40 area has some views on the northern runway.

Last edited by 13901; Mar 1, 2019 at 12:07 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
What?! SORRY I can't hear you over the gentle spittling of the champagne in Cathay First tonight. And look! Planes!

Quiet!, noisy dim sum basket. You're spoiling the serenity.

[EDIT: were spoiling. This should all be past tense now]
aidy likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
The CX lounge (both F and J sections) is quite nice for plane spotting if planes depart on 9R/27L.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.