Wiki Posts
Search

Car return to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Southwest
Car return to LHR

We're returning a rental car to London area early October. We're coming from the north. We'll be seeking shuttle/tube to hotel in Earl's Court. Should I return car to Heathrow Terminal 3, Terminal 5, or other?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
This will depend on which company you are hiring from.

As far as I know only Avis has in-terminal facilities (at T5 short-term parking). All the other providers are, I believe, off-terminal, so you return the car to the off-terminal station and then get a bus to T2/3 to get the tube from there.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: None anymore
As AlienInTheFatherland says, generally speaking, the rental returns are slightly off-airport and mostly not very convenient for any onward transport except for taking their shuttle to one of the terminals and onward travel from there.

However, the OP might be interested to know that the main Heathrow branch of Sixt is right by Hatton Cross Underground station (Piccadilly Line direct to Earls Court) on the A30 Great South-West Road. The entrance for car returns is via the BP petrol station forecourt. No bus required, just cross the road at the traffic lights and you're at the Underground station.

There is also a small Sixt branch at the Sofitel at T5 but that really caters to returns that were rented from there unless you specify it as the return location. They're not geared up for random drop offs or pick ups. This would be less convenient for the OP anyway as it's a much longer walk to the Underground.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:19 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Avis also has a drop-off point at the Westfield Shepherds Bush shopping centre, which could be pretty convenient. There's a direct train to West Brompton, otherwise it's easily cabbable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.