Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet and Greet service at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Meet and Greet service at LHR

Looking into meet and greet services at LHR to assist with transfer from T3 to T5. Would appreciate any input. Thank you!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the UK Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
assist in what way? will you have luggage?

The free landside route between T3 and T3 is very simple and fully accessible if that is your concern.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by bebop bonnie
Looking into meet and greet services at LHR to assist with transfer from T3 to T5. Would appreciate any input. Thank you!
Depends on your situation of course but meet and greet for a transfer might be overkill.

There is a free train that goes between T3 and T5 (about 20mins according to the website)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:35 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
A word of caution around terminology - "Meet & Greet" at UK airports tends to describe a valet parking service.

If you're uncertain about how to do the transfer, it's really quite simple, but depends on whether you're doing an airside or landside connection (the UK does permit international to international connections without going through immigration). There are also detailed diagrams available on the website. If you'd still like to be accompanied, the airport offers a multilingual concierge service for £125: https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...cierge-service

If it's for assistance, due to mobility issues or any form of impairment, then you need to book this through your airline.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As noted by others it really depends on what you are doing.

If you need special assistance that should be requested through your airline.

If connecting on one ticket then you can just take the airside bus between T3 and T5. It is clearly signposted on arrival in to T3, just follow the purple signs marked "Flight connections T2, T4. T5 and take the T5 bus.

If you need to go landside then the options are Heathrow Express or tube - again both regular services and clearly signposted.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies! Our flights (on one ticket) are MIA to LHR, arriving at T3 and connecting at T5 for LHR to HKG. Since it's on one ticket (BA), I believe my checked luggage will go all the way through to HKG so I assume I can stay airside and not have to deal with anything other than carryon luggage. As there are no mobility issues, it sounds like you are all suggesting we can do this on our own. Just trying to minimize stress and long lines as we go through the transfer process.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes you can stay airside.

T3-T5 airside really isn't as bad a process to go through as some people make it out to be. Just follow the purple signs and security at T5 is the same as you would have done on departing MIA for example.

You can do it airside if you want - clear the UK border at T3 then use the tube / train (both free) to get to T5 and go through security etc
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to add to UKtravelbear's post, if you stay airside and take the airside bus to T5 you will not have to go through immigration. If you decide to go out landside at T3 and take the HEX/tube you will have to go through immigration at T3 which (if you are a non EEA) may take some time. For my T3-T5 connections I always stay airside, the airside bus is the easiest and quickest way across.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Appreciate all your help! Just learned I may also have another flight connection, coming from MIA to LHR and then connecting to a flight to Stockholm. Can I stay airside for this potential terminal transfer? Again it will all be on one ticket. Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it all one ticket then, absent something like it being an overnight connection, yes you can transfer airside via flight connections.

The Heathrow connections planner is a really good tool for explaining the connection process - https://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to add to UKtravelbear's post, if you stay airside and take the airside bus to T5 you will not have to go through immigration. If you decide to go out landside at T3 and take the HEX/tube you will have to go through immigration at T3 which (if you are a non EEA) may take some time. For my T3-T5 connections I always stay airside, the airside bus is the easiest and quickest way across.
I knew about the HEX being free between T3 and T5, but I wasn't aware that the tube was also free -- in fact I thought it would be charged if you went that way. Has that always been true?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:46 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I knew about the HEX being free between T3 and T5, but I wasn't aware that the tube was also free -- in fact I thought it would be charged if you went that way. Has that always been true?
Yes, always - provided you enter and exit with either Oyster or a contactless payment card.

Whilst not relevant here, T4 to other terminals is also free with a transfer at Hatton Cross, although you must not leave the station.

Bus transfers are also free landside (and airside as part of LHR’s workings).

For HEX, you now need to obtain a travel ticket for terminal transfers from dedicated machines following the installation of barriers to accommodate the Heathrow Connect moving to TfL rail.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
For HEX, you now need to obtain a travel ticket for terminal transfers from dedicated machines following the installation of barriers to accommodate the Heathrow Connect moving to TfL rail.
You can use Oyster or a contactless card to travel for free on HEX between T5 and T2/T3 and vv. You don’t need to specifically get the free transfer ticket.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by krispy84

You can use Oyster or a contactless card to travel for free on HEX between T5 and T2/T3 and vv. You don’t need to specifically get the free transfer ticket.
Yes, true, thanks for making that much clearer - I overlooked mentioning the obvious way to get through the barriers!
krispy84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.