Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Car service LHR to Bayswater area

Car service LHR to Bayswater area

Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Truffles
Uber. Don't use a black cab. They are more expensive and trundle down the motorway section as their top speed is pretty poor.
True, but at least they know where they are going, unlike so many Uber drivers who seem incapable of following their Sat Navs. And they can also use the bus lanes which will save a bunch of time in rush hour. My ranking is

Most convenient - a pre-booked car service, where the driver will meet you outside Customs
Most reliable - a black cab
Cheapest - Uber
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Besides UBER, you can consider Addison Lee (a prebook private hire service, usually the cars are better than UBER) or Via Van (similar to UBER, but more for ride sharing, cheaper than UBER and you can choose to have the whole car for yourself too)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Blackberrycars.com
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles

The upside is that you are 100% certain to get a ride with Uber as there is a huge pool of cars waiting, whilst something booked via a random car service runs the risk that the driver decides not to bother on the day,
Oh well - I wish!

I live in the South of London (around Wandsworth) and - as usual - Uber drivers accepted my request last Sunday around 945pm just to cancel again and again. We gave up after 20min and used the tube. Was quite expensive that time anyway so not overly disappointed - 39-49.

Frustrating after a long haul flight though....
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Windsor Cars
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Simply Airports

Just Airports

Black cabs are a rip off. Uber can do gouge pricing. I like the above two.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uber can be very unreliable late at night - lots of taking bookings, making no attempt to pick you up and hoping for the surge to kick in so they can get an even better fare.

batransfer.com is a sensibly priced and wont dick you around
Duck1981 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.