Car service LHR to Bayswater area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!

Hi, I know I've seen information on this somewhere here but darned if I can find it. Which car service would you folks recommend from LHR T5 to central London? I can't use the train or tube as will have a heavy bag with me Would like reliable service at a reasonable price. Thanks! KM
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I don't know much about London transport as I am rarely there bar transiting at Heathrow so until more folks come on and post here is some info from the BA Dashboard which highlights some companies and might help. Addison Lee are there but I suspect Uber may be the cheapest option assuming there is not a price surge on.

LHR Transfers

More info here too

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...s-and-minicabs
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks, Peter 01. I'll check out your links and info and we'll see if someone comes on with further info! Have a great week ahead! KM
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kileysmom
Hi, I know I've seen information on this somewhere here but darned if I can find it
Probably in UK Ireland forum--->https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/
A common topic
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:27 pm

I'd be pretty sure a few folks will have more specific pointers and who use such a service regularly however as it is 0530 hours here in the UK I suspect most will be either just getting up or are still Zzzzzz.......

I'd be confident this being the BA Board some sage advice will be along later on today.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETER01
I'd be pretty sure a few folks will have more specific pointers and who use such a service regularly however as it is 0530 hours here in the UK I suspect most will be either just getting up or are still Zzzzzz.......
It is 16:32 in my part of the world and a very hot 36°C cloudless day
trooper likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 27, 2019 at 10:46 pm Reason: added 36°C
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

It's just about 2045 in my part of the world and about -8C.....warm duvet and two wolfhounds, that's the recommendation here!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:50 pm

Somewhere between -8 and -36c would be perfect for me

@kileysmom - I see this on the heathrow website so to give you a rough idea.

London taxis are available outside each terminal. The cost to central London is Ł45–Ł70 and the journey time is approximately one hour.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I always use Uber from LHR into St James when I travel and Bayswater is closer. Order it when you're collecting your bags, it'll take 5-10 minutes for the driver to show up at the parking garage attached to T5 where you meet them and it should cost GBP38-45 or so.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:11 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As has been indicated, the UK & Ireland forum is an excellent resource for this type of generic question, so we’ll move it over there.

/mod
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:19 pm

I would just use Uber.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Uber. Black cabs are expensive, uncomfortable, have poor temperature control and if you try to pay by card you will think the end of the world has come about.

Outdated dinosaurs
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:19 am

If you use a car service (plenty of links in the sticky thread at the head of this forum) the driver will meet you at the arrivals door within the terminal, and guide you to the car. If you book Uber, the driver isn't permitted to do this and you have to walk to the designated zone in the car park and find your driver there.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
If you use a car service (plenty of links in the sticky thread at the head of this forum) the driver will meet you at the arrivals door within the terminal, and guide you to the car. If you book Uber, the driver isn't permitted to do this and you have to walk to the designated zone in the car park and find your driver there.
The upside is that you are 100% certain to get a ride with Uber as there is a huge pool of cars waiting, whilst something booked via a random car service runs the risk that the driver decides not to bother on the day,
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Uber. Don't use a black cab. They are more expensive and trundle down the motorway section as their top speed is pretty poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.