Wiki Posts
Search

Oh the joys of Manchester security....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Oh the joys of Manchester security....

Again..... Too angry to post anything else at the moment.
Calchas, dougzz and george77300 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Every time, it's awful
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Oh well you can always come back to offload your anger later, I can disclose that you are not in a particularly exclusive club here. There are quite a few of us who really struggle with this airport and I don't think I'm one of the more easily frazzled passengers either. However in the mean time, the most recent of the very many tales of woe in this forum can be found here:

FastTrack at MAN?

And the FT mutual support group exists to assist with residual trauma. Don't forget to drop a line to the Mayor of Manchester, the Rt Hon. Andy Burnham,
[email protected]
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by no2blues
Again..... Too angry to post anything else at the moment.
I await with baited breath. Although I don’t think anything you say could surprise me.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Join the club - its a joke.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I stopped using Manchester many years ago as I was so disgusted with the whole airport.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
I use MAN to avoid the LBA random cancellations/general crap timings so I'm trapped.....Fortunately I travel for leisure so it's not something I have to contend with too often.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Slowest security experience of 2018

Living in SoCal and traveling all over places where you might think security would be random or slow like PEK, SYD, JNB, LAX, JFK, YYZ, AMS, MEX, LHR,CDG and TAO and the jewel in the crown SNA. All very good for me this year except... Paid for MAN fast track 5 pounds each I recall around 10am Monday in late September and chaotic security took 70 minutes. People were getting annoyed and being shouted at by security everywhere. We arrived very early thanks to FlyerTalk reviews and just watched with interest. In the 1997-2002 period I used this airport every single week and it was a dream. Disappointing

Last edited by GLOBALFLYERCT; Dec 30, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
I use MAN to avoid the LBA random cancellations/general crap timings so I'm trapped.....Fortunately I travel for leisure so it's not something I have to contend with too often.
I feel your pain; after 2h30 on the train from Hull (invariably late and rammed full) followed by the hike from T2 to T3 the last thing I need is MAN security at their worst.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Whip-round to help LPL build another runway and necessary facilities, anyone?
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by rhivolution
Whip-round to help LPL build another runway and necessary facilities, anyone?
LPl doesn’t really need another run-way, just needs to attract more of the no-frills airlines, there was hope when EI started flying that other IAG flights might start, sadly dashed.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
It can be an absolute horror show. They sell tickets for fast track but don’t add extra channels as they sell more tickets so the queue ends up snaking round and taking longer than standard security channels. They also tend to merge fast track, priority with status/class of travel and special access into a single queue so one usually ends up waiting while several families hold everything up. Having said that, there are plenty of times when I’ve spilled out of the taxi and been in the lounge 10 minutes later.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Cockwombles from start to finish at that place. I detest every aspect of it.
farci, rosensfole and acucobol like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:33 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

After my last experience there, I've decided to no longer fly out of MAN. Their sole purpose there is to annoy you, it has nothing to do with security unless its their own job sedurity.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Almost everything about that airport is wrong, except the wonderful 1903 lounge, and the management seem to be intent on screwing it up further.

Unfortunately it's my local so I'm stuck with it. Pity really because 30 years ago it was regarded as one of the airports anywhere. Now it ranks as one of ten worst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.