New On Site Edinburgh Airport Hotels

Old Dec 18, 18, 5:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

Here

I know this is off topic and perhaps the Mods would be so kind to give it a little airing for a few days before being moved to the UK and Ireland Forum please?

So, not specifically BA/BAEC related and there are only a couple of on site hotels already here at EDI but am sure some readers here may find it useful given a few fly from here on BA and oneworld.

So, perhaps for you business travellers or mid market leisure travellers out there or those coming from other parts of Scotland/elsewhere who don't want to head elsewhere into the City or for ease before flying out the following morning.

Opening soon here are the 2 new hotels within the airport confines and literally a stones throw away, one is the Moxy (by Marriott) opening in January and the other is The Hampton by Hilton which is adjacent (opening imminently final staff training, final touches and testing of systems going on).

Moxy Hotel - https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/ediox-moxy-edinburgh-airport/

Hampton by Hilton -

https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/ho...XHX/index.html

Tobias-UK, S_W_S and FEMW like this.

Last edited by PETER01; Dec 18, 18 at 5:53 am
Old Dec 18, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Thanks for that - I had wondered what was going in there. Had a quick search for prices but looks like I'll stick to the Premier Inn at 30! A new Moxy had opened up In Collegelands in Glasgow. Thought it was yet another overly expensive student accommodation block!
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by FEMW View Post
Thanks for that - I had wondered what was going in there. Had a quick search for prices but looks like I'll stick to the Premier Inn at 30! A new Moxy had opened up In Collegelands in Glasgow. Thought it was yet another overly expensive student accommodation block!
As a millenial, the supposed target demographic, I find Moxy totally unapealing. This millenial wants a desk, thank you very much. However, Hamptons have never let me down!
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:50 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by FEMW View Post
I like that Premier Inn at EDI - Little bit further away then it could be, but the glass box stair case in the corner of the L-shaped building gives a great view down the runway, particularly at night when it is all lit up.