Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Click and Collect service at or near LHR?

Click and Collect service at or near LHR?

Old Nov 19, 18, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Question Click and Collect service at or near LHR?

Hi all

I want to order some items from a UK online retailer and they do not ship to Switzerland. I will be at LHR for a 5 hr transit on Monday and wondering if there is a Click and Collect service at Heathrow? Something like an Amazon locker that would deliver the package (ideally airside but appreciate would be a security issue) so somewhere landside?

Heathrow's Postal Services only lists the ability to send packages, not receive: https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...ostal-services Did a few searches and found InPost offers a similar service https://inpost.co.uk/ however only partners with specific larger retailers.

I could look at a Mailboxes Express however closest one is in Staines and they're only open until 17.30 - I'll be cutting it close with that time. Ideally the locker is 24 hrs.

Any other options I'm missing here? Thanks in advance
Old Nov 20, 18, 12:30 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
I can’t imagine that there is anything airside...
Landside, there are Amazon lockers at the Premier Inns on Bath Road and Sheffield Rd (I guess closest T5 and T4 respectively), at the Post Office in T3, and at the Cargo Centre. Maps and more accurate details on the amazon website, along with opening times. The Premier Inn ones are open to 11pm or 24hrs; the T3 one closes at 5.30pm.
Old Nov 20, 18, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
If you don't want to order from Amazon, you could see whether the local Post Offices offer poste restante service. You have to contact them directly.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/poste-restante
Old Nov 20, 18, 2:16 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
If you have 5 hours or thereabouts, and can get landside, this should be a doddle. Just select a place near the tube (Piccadilly line). Maybe Hounslow West, as having been to Hatton Cross a couple of weeks back I don't remember there being much there in the way of places to receive and store your goods (unless you're ordering all or part of an airliner - they seem to be able to store those down there).

Depending on whom you are ordering from they may have varying agreements in place, but I know when I order from Amazon and look for collection options there are hundreds of small newsagents etc that will do this.

So maybe the way to approach it is to plug in Hounslow West's address (googling reveals Bath Rd, Hounslow, Middx TW3 3DH) and see what collection options come back for you. Looks like there's a parade of shops there so it's quite possible that may throw up a quicker, easier option to get to than Staines........

HTH
Old Nov 20, 18, 2:17 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Ps the newsagent option won't be 24h of course, but they do typically keep longer hours than 9-5 so in the absence of a 'locker' option this may well be your best bet
Old Nov 20, 18, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold; MR Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; RR Gold
The T3 land-side post office is a “Local Collect” point, participating merchants can send packages there to be held for 18 days. Amazon is one such merchant, however only for items fulfilled through them (i.e. not Marketplace items).
Pascoe likes this.
Old Nov 20, 18, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - Local Collect, Amazon Lockers aren't offered by this UK retailer. I'll give the Post Office at T3 a call re Poste Restante - seems like a good option. Otherwise I'll do a Mailboxes Etc somewhere on the Piccadilly line. Cheers all for the ideas

Search this Thread
Search Engine: