Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

ePassport Gates Master Thread [was: Opening up the e-Gates to new countries]

ePassport Gates Master Thread [was: Opening up the e-Gates to new countries]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 3, 19, 10:52 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: stut
Wiki Link
ePassport gates, new countries, passport requirements, experience and wait times. Any volunteers?
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 26, 20, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jsdickinson View Post
I've had my current passport for 4 years and I haven't been able to successfully use my UK passport in the machines on the UK border yet. It works fine in the EU but not the UK. Border officers won't tell me why. Can anything be done to rectify or get an explanation. It's so frustrating arriving to only have to stand in another longer queue and sometimes get quizzed
Perhaps "lose it" and get a replacement?
Old Feb 26, 20, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by jsdickinson View Post
I've had my current passport for 4 years and I haven't been able to successfully use my UK passport in the machines on the UK border yet. It works fine in the EU but not the UK. Border officers won't tell me why. Can anything be done to rectify or get an explanation. It's so frustrating arriving to only have to stand in another longer queue and sometimes get quizzed
Won't or can't tell you why?
Old Jul 11, 20, 8:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the passport gates are working in LHR T5 at the moment?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Old Jul 11, 20, 11:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ppang View Post
Does anyone know if the passport gates are working in LHR T5 at the moment?
Generally they are now working, however there are also checks for the Passenger Locator Forms before you get to the gates. If it's quiet - which it often is - then they switch the gates off and you go to the agent instead. It doesn't make much difference to processing times, you can assume 3 minutes or less if you have e-gate access, whether by the e-gates or agent.

Search this Thread