Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All change at EDI domestic arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maisiedormouse
Are there toilets available while waiting for luggage?
I have not looked carefully, but toilets are available in the departure lounge before heading downstairs (and the departure lounge can be reached by heading upstairs again).
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I arrived today on the BA1444 from Heathrow only to have to wait approximately 45 minutes for my bags. By this point roughly one third of the bags had been delivered for the flight and they appeared to be coming in drips and drabs which I could only assume was due to low staffing. I was speaking with the cab driver on the way home and he said that several other customers have complained of the same experience when travelling on domestic flights. If this was the case, I certainly hope that Edinburgh Airport makes sure to sufficiently staff this new investment. Have any other members of this forum experienced the same issue?

Edit: the airport has yet to put up signs by gate 11 showing that there is a new domestic baggage area so make sure to head up to gate 16 or risk having to do a loop back on yourself.

Last edited by flyingscotsman21; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:19 am Reason: Additional warning for signs
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The new domestic arrivals is not bad; you exit at a good place for transport and don't need to navigate the check in area. Agree with some of the previous comments on twitter that its a bit short sighted to design without escalators.

I was more disappointed that no staff (BA or EDI) helped two elderly passengers (one on oxygen) disembark until they saw me taking luggage for one of them. I asked ground staff to get them a chair but was told there was no stair free access to the terminal as the jetty was INOP? It would be a long walk for them to the exit.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman21
I arrived today on the BA1444 from Heathrow only to have to wait approximately 45 minutes for my bags. By this point roughly one third of the bags had been delivered for the flight and they appeared to be coming in drips and drabs which I could only assume was due to low staffing. I was speaking with the cab driver on the way home and he said that several other customers have complained of the same experience when travelling on domestic flights. If this was the case, I certainly hope that Edinburgh Airport makes sure to sufficiently staff this new investment. Have any other members of this forum experienced the same issue?

Edit: the airport has yet to put up signs by gate 11 showing that there is a new domestic baggage area so make sure to head up to gate 16 or risk having to do a loop back on yourself.
Hi,

In the past I have to wait up to 40mins for bags to arrive but on my last trip they were out in 10mins ( it might depend on the timing of other BA flights as the baggage handlers for BA at EDI are Menzies IIRC and not EDI employed directly)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maisiedormouse
Are there toilets available while waiting for luggage?
Yes, there are toilets adjacent to the new baggage belts 9 and 10.

The signage near gates 10 and 11 has also been updated know to point the right way (left).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
As a regular through Edi (at least twice a month) I am really beginning to dislike the airport. Too many shops, haphazard layout and this new arrivals that is only stairs (I know there is 1 lift) but to not have an escalator makes it feel like you are leaving via a temporary exit! A bit like the fast track entrance from the tram. They really do not think of their customer base when making these changes.

dont even get me started on the parking charges!

I am in and out of Gla next weekend for a change - I will compare steps!

aks120
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist

Yes, there are toilets adjacent to the new baggage belts 9 and 10.

The signage near gates 10 and 11 has also been updated know to point the right way (left).
Cool as I used to use the ones behind Costa when waiting on the luggage to come on to the old belts.

Is it now further from domestic arrivals to multi storey and surface car parks and is it designed more with public transport in mind?
No escalator is a nightmare even just with a small cabin bag. I wonder if the one lift covers the equality act rules for the disabled
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Can I just check that thses changes do not affect the 'Excellent' rating a b2b from heathrow gets?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Can I just check that thses changes do not affect the 'Excellent' rating a b2b from heathrow gets?
It won't as you still arrive in the gate area so you never have to follow the arrivals path on a b2b.

As for someone's earlier comment about the stairs looking like it was a temporary arrangement, I thought exactly the same thing! I was surprised when I read here that was the final layout.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
It won't as you still arrive in the gate area so you never have to follow the arrivals path on a b2b.

As for someone's earlier comment about the stairs looking like it was a temporary arrangement, I thought exactly the same thing! I was surprised when I read here that was the final layout.
I am wondering what they are building in the area that is fenced off. Maybe this is not the final layout...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
My comments on twitter have not provided a response that says this is anything but permanent! I must admit it is one the most barking ideas!

aks120
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:18 am
xdh

Programs: BD*G
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Is Edinburgh becoming the new Heathrow ( a shopping centre with a terminal attached??)

Regards

TBS
No, EDI since BAA had to sell is a car park with a terminal attached.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:09 pm

The poor arrivals experience in full technicolour!

I really detest this change! Down three flights of stairs which really look like a back door to somewhere awful!

Aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.