Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Manchester Connecting to T1 or T3

Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I'll be flying with my 78 year old dad who can't walk that fast or that long w/o taking a brief rest. We'll be flying in on Singapore Airlines to T2 and will either need to book our next flight to KRK via British Airways in T3 or Lufthansa in T1. Is there a significant difference between these two? (Read: Is walking from T2 to T1 easier than T2 to T3?)

Thanks!
Jayson
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:17 am

T2's about a 10-15 minute walk to either of them, you need to go through T1 to get to T3 but it's not a significantly longer distance once you're that far
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
From T2 to T3, you will have to go via T1. See https://www.ifly.com/Manchester-Inte...t/terminal-map

The distance from T1 to T3 is shorter but is partially "outdoors", while T1 to T2 is "indoors" and has moving walkways.

On separate tickets, SQ is more likely to interline luggage to LH, almost certainly not to BA. If your luggage is interlined, or you don't have any, you can transfer airside by bus without going through UK immigration.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
On separate tickets, SQ is more likely to interline luggage to LH, almost certainly not to BA. If your luggage is interlined, or you don't have any, you can transfer airside by bus without going through UK immigration.
I went ahead and booked BA because the flight times to Krakow were more convenient than LH. Regarding your comment above, if my flight originates on United Airlines AUS-IAH, would it be possible for UA to interline my luggage all the way to MAN?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jt82
T2's about a 10-15 minute walk to either of them, you need to go through T1 to get to T3 but it's not a significantly longer distance once you're that far
Thank you JT!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:37 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by JaysonW
I went ahead and booked BA because the flight times to Krakow were more convenient than LH. Regarding your comment above, if my flight originates on United Airlines AUS-IAH, would it be possible for UA to interline my luggage all the way to MAN?
Yes it is possible but ask on the United forum to find out whether they will actually do it if on separate tickets.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JaysonW
To MAN should be OK, but you'll then need to pick up your luggage at MAN, and drag it across to T3 for the BA flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.