Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

LHR terminal transfer (Christmas Day 2018)

Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NH Plat

With the HEX, tube, and TfL buses shut down for Christmas Day, is there any way to transfer between LHR terminals without getting a taxi.
Arriving to T2 and wanted to get to one of the attached hotels in T4. Previous years had some HEX shuttles, but with the Crossrail signaling works, that doesn't seem likely.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
DELETED
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
There will be something available, but it's quite possible they haven't announced / finalised it yet. https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...ew-year-travel should have the details when published. I'd guess at details around 2 months out, so you've a few weeks to go still

To get an idea of what it'll be like, see this excellent detailed post for 2016 - https://economyclassandbeyond.boardi...ver-christmas/
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:52 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you’re travelling with no checked luggage, there should be nothing stopping you taking an airside transfer bus from T2 to T4 (following the Flight Connections signs), landing yourself through immigration and customs at T4, then walking to the attached hotel. Heathrow itself operates as normal on Christmas Day.

If you have luggage to collect, you’ll need to wait to see what arrangements - if any - are being put into place.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
There will be something available, but it's quite possible they haven't announced / finalised it yet. https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...ew-year-travel should have the details when published. I'd guess at details around 2 months out, so you've a few weeks to go still

To get an idea of what it'll be like, see this excellent detailed post for 2016 - https://economyclassandbeyond.boardi...ver-christmas/

Thanks. There was some more info on that Heathrow page a few weeks back saying the HEX wasn't running at all. But it seems to have disappeared. Maybe they are updating after the Lizzie Line delay. I probably shouldn't be worried about it this early. But booking flights, there is a non-direct flight option to T4 instead of a direct flight that lands to T2, so was debating if it was worth the hassle of an extra stop to get to a terminal with a directly connected hotel. Probably over thinking this one.

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
If you’re travelling with no checked luggage, there should be nothing stopping you taking an airside transfer bus from T2 to T4 (following the Flight Connections signs), landing yourself through immigration and customs at T4, then walking to the attached hotel. Heathrow itself operates as normal on Christmas Day.

If you have luggage to collect, you’ll need to wait to see what arrangements - if any - are being put into place.
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Sadly will have luggage, partly why I was thinking to go for an attached hotel rather than deal with the Horror Bus, but if no easy inter terminal transports, I'll probably be better off to pony up the Christmas surcharge and taxi to the Bath road for a hotel there.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am sure I have seen mentioned in previous years a HAL run landside inter terminal bus transfer option run on Christmas day? Apologies I don't know the details, I decided to pay for the sofitel at T5 last year and this year to avoid any need to rely on transport from my arrival terminal to the hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BalbC
With the HEX, tube, and TfL buses shut down for Christmas Day, is there any way to transfer between LHR terminals without getting a taxi.
Arriving to T2 and wanted to get to one of the attached hotels in T4. Previous years had some HEX shuttles, but with the Crossrail signaling works, that doesn't seem likely.
I went the opposite way, T4-T2, last Christmas via the inter-terminal train with no issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.