Search

Cheap accommodation in London?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Cheap accommodation in London?

I'll be in London from 9 October until 12 October 2018. I'm looking for a cheap room near a subway station for about US$100-US$125/night. Is that possible? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'll be in London from 9 October until 12 October 2018. I'm looking for a cheap room near a subway station for about US$100-US$125/night. Is that possible? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Look at Premier Inn site. Most are basic but serviceable and often is really good locations. Remember that the prices quoted will include all taxes and fees.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
If you don't mind long commute, hotels near LHR (or any other London airports) cost around this range.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
The hotels in Cartwright Gardens are cheap and convenient to the Underground (don't call it the subway!). I've stayed in the Euro and the Crescent. Neither shows anything available for those dates but it would be worth a call.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The travelodge chain offer reasonable accommodation ( I do not think they are associated with the US travelodge) throughout london ( maybe a little below the Premier Inn standard) also

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
If you're new to European hotels, be aware that en suite means the room has a private bathroom. The cheapest rooms in old budget hotels often come with shared access to a toilet and shower.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheap accommodation and London are words usually not associated.
Transport in London can be expensive, depending on how its done.

OP's other related thread--> Anyone here flown BA0326 from London to Paris? Other cheap ways to get to Paris?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:38 pm

You might also try Priceline or Hotwire. I've gotten some fairly good rates at surprisingly decent hotels using those services.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I'd also add Ibis (part of the accor chain as an option.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I'd also add Ibis (part of the accor chain as an option.
That ibis near LHR?

Expect you will get a "standard" room, which is better than a hostel. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by garykung
That ibis near LHR?

Expect you will get a "standard" room, which is better than a hostel. Nothing more, nothing less.
I meant in general rather than a particular one. We don't know which area of London the OP wants / needs to stay in.

And in all honesty the OP isn't going to get much luxury with their proposed budget.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
As TBS mentioned, The Travelodge chain doesn't appear on online travel sites like Priceline or Expedia - so if you're outside of the UK you wouldn't know about it . It's probably a notch down from Premier Inn as the rooms are basic, but clean and cheap. A quick search found a few sites at the sub or close to £300 mark. Finsbury Park is currently showing up closest/cheapest at £252 for the cheapest rate for a standard room. Many of its hotels offer a Super Room with additional space etc. Finsbury Park is about 10 to 20 mins from the West End depending if you use the Victoria or Picadilly line.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dddc
As TBS mentioned, The Travelodge chain doesn't appear on online travel sites like Priceline or Expedia - so if you're outside of the UK you wouldn't know about it . It's probably a notch down from Premier Inn as the rooms are basic, but clean and cheap. A quick search found a few sites at the sub or close to £300 mark. Finsbury Park is currently showing up closest/cheapest at £252 for the cheapest rate for a standard room. Many of its hotels offer a Super Room with additional space etc. Finsbury Park is about 10 to 20 mins from the West End depending if you use the Victoria or Picadilly line.
All I need is a clean room with a private bathroom near the Tube. I don't need anything else. I prefer to spend more time walking around London than staying inside my room, no matter how fancy it is.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Travelodge and Premier Inn are indeed your best bets.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
All I need is a clean room with a private bathroom near the Tube. I don't need anything else. I prefer to spend more time walking around London than staying inside my room, no matter how fancy it is.
We like to stay at one of the Premier Inn locations near St. Pancras....offers easy Tube connections to almost anywhere. No Tube changes going to/from LHR as well.

Enjoy the trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.