Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum (reasonable) connection EDI - GLA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Interesting. I had not realised BMI was still doing it in the early naughties. I remember it from when Edinburgh Airport used to produce a printed timetable of all flights and I am pretty sure that you could book the EDI-GLA sector at that time.

Albeit not scheduled but I have done PIK-GLA on BA which was quite amusing.
You weren’t on the same flight as me a few weeks back? Did my shortest ever sector last night (10 minutes PIK-GLA)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I realise this may be something of a moot point now, but...

The other route, if you don't want to go via Haymarket, is to take the tram to Edinburgh Park, then change to the slow train from there to Glasgow. You can get off at Partick and hop into a Joe Baxi - it's barely more than the bus fare from Queen St. You don't get the swanky new trains, but you do get a scenic view of Coatbridge.

These trains have a destination of Helensburgh or Milngavie, the latter of which you can have great fun trying to pronounce.
Oxon Flyer and Scots_Al like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
No - it was last Autumn. Great fun.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by stut
I realise this may be something of a moot point now, but...

The other route, if you don't want to go via Haymarket, is to take the tram to Edinburgh Park, then change to the slow train from there to Glasgow. You can get off at Partick and hop into a Joe Baxi - it's barely more than the bus fare from Queen St. You don't get the swanky new trains, but you do get a scenic view of Coatbridge.

These trains have a destination of Helensburgh or Milngavie, the latter of which you can have great fun trying to pronounce.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just had to comment. As Coatbridge is where I was born and bred, I’ve never seen it described as scenic

Well done that man

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.