Wiki Posts
Search

LCY in Winter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
LCY in Winter

It looks very likely that I'll be a regular communter between DUS and LCY from this Autumn. I know that weather can be an issue at LCY due to fog. Is there any historical data about which days / times are most likely to see delays or cancellations on this route?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:11 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I don't think you can predict which days of the week will be foggy by looking at previous years.... I believe it's more likely to be foggy in the morning - but then the entire day's schedules will be disrupted anyway
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:28 am

UK weather is utterly unpredictable and variable. All we can say is that in conditions where fog is likely in the SE of England, then LCY will probably be affected. But even with all the latest met office super computers, they can't predict this more than a few hours ahead.
A historical review is no use, it won't predict with any meaningful accuracy for next winter.
That's the joy of UK weather.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
And, with a regular route, you are sure to hit some disruption sometimes, by the law of averages. It's a bit like last Friday - who would ever have guessed that weather disruption would hose most of the Friday evening schedule in the midst of the driest and most settled summer since 1976?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.