FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/1922986-heathrow-hotel-options-one-night-only.html)

LoneTravellerUK Aug 2, 2018 6:33 am

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Hello all

Booked myself a weekend break in Kiev(KBP) for the 24th August, however BA882 leaves Heathrow at 08:20. I live in North East London and the first tube out of my local station is at 05:20 - the trek across town via tube usually takes me around 2 hours at elast - and on a good day at that.

I think this would be cutting things a little fine - i hate to rush as i am a leisure traveler (self funded) and like to enjoy the whole experience from closing my front door to walking into my hotel room wherever my wanderings take me.

So, my thought would be to book a hotel for an overnight stay at Heathrow and save myself hassle/potential hold-ups.

Any suggestions or recommendations as to a decent hotel in the vicinity of Heathrow for the night before my flight departs?

As always, thanks in advance for any and all advice given.

Regards

Paul

MANCHESTER Aug 2, 2018 6:35 am

Sofitel T5 is nice, if you are flying from T5 that is...

holloway1000 Aug 2, 2018 6:38 am

Hi , the Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel is good, and you can walk straight into T5.
no need to get a bus
but it can be expensive.

LoneTravellerUK Aug 2, 2018 6:38 am

Manchester, now that was a quick reply...

I am indeed flying from T5 - i will have a look at the Sofitel.

Thanks

Paul

holloway1000 Aug 2, 2018 6:41 am

Originally Posted by LoneTravellerUK (Post 30038796)
Manchester, now that was a quick reply...

I am indeed flying from T5 - i will have a look at the Sofitel.

Thanks

Paul

He just beat me to it.
The other one that is convenient i believe is the Thistle T5.

Reviews say rooms are dated. but you can use the pods from pod parking to the terminal.

Head for points did a review of it a few months back.

Cymro Aug 2, 2018 6:42 am

Any preferences for cost/standards? I'm a big fan of the Hilton Garden Inn - 10 min from Hatton Cross station, fairly comfortable with decent service and excellent breakfast at very good rates. Best of all, no need to deal with the Hotel Hoppa.

pauldb Aug 2, 2018 6:45 am

If you search on Hotwire, you'll find a secret 5* deal in LHR-West for $121 which is without doubt the Sofitel disguised. The total with tax comes to $157 but with a bit of luck this link

https://e.hotwire.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0...WBpphsjrLjJ1to.

will get you $20 off that today, If that price is acceptable the Sofitel can't be bettered for a Tube-T5 option.

YacozA Aug 2, 2018 6:47 am

Might be worth checking the Premier Inn @ Heathrow T4 as well.
Has some really good deals certain days, and a quick bus or Tube transfer to T5

oaplovestravel Aug 2, 2018 6:48 am

If the Sofitel is outside your price point and you don't mind an earlier alarm call then the Premier Inn at Terminal 4 is a reasonable alternative. Bus & train connections to T5 and only £47.50 for your night at the moment.

Lefly Aug 2, 2018 6:50 am

Radisson Park inn is a decent priced hotel, but it's 15/20 min by bus from and to T5.
Of course the Sofitel is more convenient, and it's reflected in its price.

OverTheHorizon Aug 2, 2018 6:55 am

Holiday Inn Ariel on Bath Road often has super-cheap rates.

There is a bus stop literally across the street ("Harlington Corner" - J) from the hotel where you can catch the frequent (and free) 423 bus direct to T5. It's a 2-minute walk from the hotel (allowing for traffic lights) and a 12-minute ride to T5, so 20 mins from checkout to check-in is eminently doable (indeed I have done so myself quite a few times).

If you don't fancy the rather over-priced bar/restaurant downstairs, a short walk up Harlington High St brings you to an Indian (sit-down & takeaway) and a Chinese takeaway. A couple of times I have gone in, placed my order then continued on for another couple of minutes to the Co-op for cold beer then collected my food on the way back :)

I particularly enjoyed doing this Primark-style over-nighting before my LHR-JFK in F :D

mwp1 Aug 2, 2018 6:56 am

I always use the renaissance , 423 bus from stand 6 takes 10-15 mins and free

i pay for the hotel hoppa for the journey the following morning, takes 5 mins tops

signol Aug 2, 2018 6:57 am

Hotels I've used at Heathrow:
Premier Inn T4 - Connected to T4 via walkway, then bus / tube or train (with connection) to T5.
Travelodge T5 - Close to T5 but I'm not sure if you can walk, about 10 minutes if so. Otherwise Hoppa only unfortunately.
Travelodge Central - On Bath Rd so plenty of busses but outside the free zone. Cheap and average.
Mercure - Walkable to Hayes and Harlington in about 15 minutes, but then TFL Rail so probably not worth it for the time you have.
Crowne Plaza - Hoppa or paid normal bus (5 mins walk up the road), every 15 minutes, to Central Bus Station.
Travelodge Feltham - Paid bus to T5.

signol

Seraglio Aug 2, 2018 6:59 am

I always use Premier T4.

Premier Inn T4 - Connected to T4 via walkway, then bus / tube or train (with connection) to T5

mwp1 Aug 2, 2018 6:59 am

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon (Post 30038870)
Holiday Inn Ariel on Bath Road often has super-cheap rates.

There is a bus stop literally across the street ("Harlington Corner" - J) from the hotel where you can catch the frequent (and free) 423 bus direct to T5. It's a 2-minute walk from the hotel (allowing for traffic lights) and a 12-minute ride to T5, so 20 mins from checkout to check-in is eminently doable (indeed I have done so myself quite a few times).

If you don't fancy the rather over-priced bar/restaurant downstairs, a short walk up Harlington High St brings you to an Indian (sit-down & takeaway) and a Chinese takeaway. A couple of times I have gone in, placed my order then continued on for another couple of minutes to the Co-op for cold beer then collected my food on the way back :)

I particularly enjoyed doing this Primark-style over-nighting before my LHR-JFK in F :D

primark style overnighting, 😁done it myself many times

i also enjoy the food in the three magpies, which isn't extortionately over priced