Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by oaplovestravel
If the Sofitel is outside your price point and you don't mind an earlier alarm call then the Premier Inn at Terminal 4 is a reasonable alternative. Bus & train connections to T5 and only £47.50 for your night at the moment.
I would second the premier inn. Stayed there several times and IMO it cannot be beaten for the price.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
I got a lovely almost brand new Mercedes E class via a well known ride hailing app, using their premium offering from Central London to Heathrow at 10.00AM recently, took 50 minutes. Cost me 65.00 without a tip.

Picked me up at the door, dropped me off at the right side of the terminal for check in, frankly I probably wouldn't do it any other way now as long as it wasn't rush hour leaving town.
Another vote for sleeping at home and then a morning minicab, unless the OP is time rich and cash poor, and finds a hotel + transport + incidentals for less than the minicab fare.

Shop around on in the car service; my preferred local minicab company is 60% the cost of Addison Lee, and 80% the cost of Uber. Minicabit is useful if one doesn't know the local operators; there was also recently an Amex cash back offer (perhaps now expired) on Minicabit.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Another vote for the Premier at T4 which was a lot easier than I thought. There are 2 bus routes, 482 and 490, from Bus Stop 7 at T5 which are both pretty frequent so between them you should never wait long. They are regular london buses which go beyond LHR and although they are free between T5/T4 I think you are supposed to tap in and out, but both ways the drivers were happy for us to board without. Lots of space for bags, not as much as a long stay car park bus, but certainly adequate. It was the driver, when asked, who said there was another stop beyond T4, outside the hotel itself, and he also pointed out the stop on the other side for the return. Way easier than the HEX/Tube combo. The hotel itself is standard new premier, comfortable, quiet and with aircon - pretty good for £30.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:18 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Sometimes cheap, and sometimes cheerful (!), I don't think anyone has mentioned the Doubletree yet.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Another vote for the Premier at T4 which was a lot easier than I thought. There are 2 bus routes, 482 and 490, from Bus Stop 7 at T5 which are both pretty frequent so between them you should never wait long. They are regular london buses which go beyond LHR and although they are free between T5/T4 I think you are supposed to tap in and out, but both ways the drivers were happy for us to board without. Lots of space for bags, not as much as a long stay car park bus, but certainly adequate. It was the driver, when asked, who said there was another stop beyond T4, outside the hotel itself, and he also pointed out the stop on the other side for the return. Way easier than the HEX/Tube combo. The hotel itself is standard new premier, comfortable, quiet and with aircon - pretty good for £30.
Another vote for the Premier Inn T4 here.. room 787 is my favourite as it looks straight out onto parking stands, Concorde and runway 27L. I don't think I've ever paid less than £35 a night, definitely my favourite airport hotel.

The bus to T4 and T5 is totally within the free fare zone, and in fact you can go as far as Hatton Cross tube station, pretty much the next major stop after the Premier Inn for free.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Surprised that nobody's mentioned the Heathrow Lodge. After the Sofitel, it's the closest to T5 - the 423 stops right outside and it's easily walk-able. It's cheap - can be as little as around £30.
There's only one downside to it - it's AWFUL!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:21 am
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Another vote for a cab at that time of the morning from NE London. We use an app called Kabbee, mainly as it was developed by someone in Crouch End where we used to live; we're now not far from there. It is a minicab aggregator which has quotes from and can book with various local firms. We usually get an early morning ride to Heathrow for £35-£40 and at that kind of time it can be done in 45 minutes as the North Circular is clear, though of course I would order it for earlier than that just in case. There are certainly times where I'd like the extra half hour in bed but can rarely justify the additional cost of the airport hotel over a cab.

Edit: I have once stayed in that T4 Premier Inn and it was fine. Good runway views, otherwise very much the feel of a giant impersonal hotel but OK in the circumstances.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by serpens
If Google Maps is presenting accurate information and I'm reading it correctly, it would be about a 50 minute walk, mostly along roads with no sidewalks—probably no fun with luggage.
So it is, I must have really underestimated the distance!

signol
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I would second the premier inn. Stayed there several times and IMO it cannot be beaten for the price.
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
We’ve used the T4 premier inn, 3 times now and have it booked again for December, each time we have flown from T5 and used the Tube or the trains. Both have worked well for us each time so is an option but do think it takes a bt longer than the buses.

It it is very useful if you are travelling to LHR by train as no need to get other modes of transport to the hotels which are not connected to a Terminal.

We we have stayed at the Sofitel but that was because we had points to use and the room cost us £10 but the convenience was useful on a return flight after landing from LAX.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
[...] Hilton T5 [...] actually within walking distance from T5 [...]
Originally Posted by superscot
[...] Heathrow Lodge [..] it's easily walk-able [...]
When I ask Google Maps to show me how to walk from these places to T5, it puts me on a roadway with no sidewalk and no shoulder. Do people actually walk there? with luggage (even if only hand baggage)? Is Google's satellite view out-of-date and there are now sidewalks?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I'm going to gatecrash this thread as I I think LHR has been covered. Suddenly find myself at Manchester Airport in about 10 days time, late train in and either the first BA flight or the BE flight to SEN in the morning.

Which hotel? I won't get the train station until midnight, so one I can get to from Manchester Airport Station to hotel to airport easily? What's the FT hotel of choice?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by serpens
When I ask Google Maps to show me how to walk from these places to T5, it puts me on a roadway with no sidewalk and no shoulder. Do people actually walk there? with luggage (even if only hand baggage)? Is Google's satellite view out-of-date and there are now sidewalks?
I have walked to the Thistle and Hilton T5, however I'm HBO. There is a footpath or pavement all the way through to both hotels, the only issue is a very short bridge over the Duke of Northumberland's River: there is a sign, which only those who have done the UK road test recently will probably remember, which indicates that pedestrians are banned from using this bridge. The reason being that it was built for a limited amount of road traffic and no pavement was provided. However - without in any way encouraging outrageous criminal conduct among FTers - there is nevertheless a narrow raised section, perhaps 50 cm across, which actually has plenty of space for a pedestrian albeit in single file. The pavement is on the airport side of the road when leaving T5.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have walked to the Thistle and Hilton T5, however I'm HBO. There is a footpath or pavement all the way through to both hotels, the only issue is a very short bridge over the Duke of Northumberland's River: there is a sign, which only those who have done the UK road test recently will probably remember, which indicates that pedestrians are banned from using this bridge. The reason being that it was built for a limited amount of road traffic and no pavement was provided. However - without in any way encouraging outrageous criminal conduct among FTers - there is nevertheless a narrow raised section, perhaps 50 cm across, which actually has plenty of space for a pedestrian albeit in single file. The pavement is on the airport side of the road when leaving T5.
That's interesting cws....I've stayed at the Thistle a few times recently and always used the pod.

How long does it take to walk to T5 please?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:34 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I'm going to gatecrash this thread
Might be worth starting another thread.
I normally stay at the Hilton for the points, but the Radisson is directly connected to the terminal (and more expensive)
Hilton and Crowne Plaza both have usable shuttles although the distance to the terminals from either is easily walkable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.