Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Seraglio
I always use Premier T4.

Premier Inn T4 - Connected to T4 via walkway, then bus / tube or train (with connection) to T5
A very good-value option. There is direct free bus service outside the hotel. No need to walk back to T4,
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by signol
Travelodge T5 - Close to T5 but I'm not sure if you can walk, about 10 minutes if so. Otherwise Hoppa only unfortunately.
If Google Maps is presenting accurate information and I'm reading it correctly, it would be about a 50 minute walk, mostly along roads with no sidewalks—probably no fun with luggage.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
HGI at Hatton Cross is also on my list, though since one needs to allow 30 minutes to get to T5 (given the tube frequency) one may as well stay in the vicinity of Paddington.
As a similar north Londoner I've stayed at HGi a couple of times - and for the £ it's normally great value, and if you get a runway view room, you get all the late night heavies flying straight into your room!

But i'll take up the 30 minutes thing - you can check the timetable and walk straight onto a tube and 2 stops you're there. And you're saving the Heathrow Express costs.

But depending where you're going from, do compare taxi to Paddington & train along with taxi the entire way. I really dislike taking a taxi the entire way.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

what day? If on a Saturday or Sunday morning the Piccadilly line is 24 hrs - although on Sunday the CX lounge doesn’t open until 0730, on other days it opens at 0530 so no need to get to T3 any earlier.
This page can give you the exact times of the first few trains but Mon-Thurs first train is at 05:06: https://tfl.gov.uk/tube/timetable/pi...Id=940GZZLUHNX At the risk of disagreeing with C-W-S I think it probably is more convenient than staying in Paddington - even when it opens at 5.30 the trains are more frequent at every 10 mins, and the journey time to T5 is 7 mins. More importantly if the service falls over for some reason there are more viable bus/uber backup options.

Staying at the HGI also gives you a chance to have a peek over into the BA Engineering’s hangars and see what’s happening too!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I stayed in the Thistle recently, no complaints. If you book directly through the Thistle website and sign up for their emails etc. then they give you free breakfast or 10% off.
I paid £62 incl breakfast. You do need to factor in the £5 each way charge to use the pods, which are very handy.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Regarding the Premier Inn at T4
Originally Posted by erik123
A very good-value option. There is direct free bus service outside the hotel. No need to walk back to T4,
I never knew this and have always trudged across the walkway bridge thing back to T4 before getting the free bus to T5. Where is the bus stop you refer to please?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Regarding the Premier Inn at T4

I never knew this and have always trudged across the walkway bridge thing back to T4 before getting the free bus to T5. Where is the bus stop you refer to please?
Here they are. Basically if coming from T5 get off at the first stop after T4. Cross the road and enter the PI via the car park. To go to T5 use the Sheffield Way stop.

sunshinebob and buouxboy like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

After trying quite a few hotels over the years I now really like the Premier Inn T5 has always been my regular choice if staying overnight. Friendly staff, spotlessly clean rooms and a half decent restaurant. Only 2 stops from T5 on the 423 and which stops literally right outside the hotel and on the way back the bus stop is right opposite the entrance.

24th August is £49 or £66 flex.

Premier Inn T5
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:12 am

Sofitel everytime, I think the Thistle is great value, it’s a bit dated but the real issue for me is the fact if I want to check in at say 15:00, dump my luggage and decide to go in London for the rest of the day, then the pod trips start to rake up a large bill. So for the last two or so years it’s been Sofitel everytime.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by apollo00
Given what you've said on your location, I'd think that your local taxi or minicab company (I'd use Addison Lee myself) will get you there in comfort at that time of day for less than the cost of the Sofitel for sure and likely less than the cost of another mediocre airport hotel. Not knocking the Sofitel as it's actually quite pleasant but in that scenario I'd probably rather just get a taxi from home in the morning.
I'd go along with that. I was looking at some pictures of our past travels and quite a few were taken in airport hotels...some quite fancy. I don't remember staying in most of them.

I do understand why the OP wishes to start their holiday a night early. If that's the case then they might as well pay the extra and stay in the Sofitel. Most others I've been in at 'LHR' were perfectly fine but still a carry on to get to/from.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chistery
Just to swerve OT a bit. ANy idea what brand the new Arora hotel at T2 will be?

With the new Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn at T4 there'll be a lot more choice soon at LHR.

I like the Sofitel but it could do with a bit of a refurb. No power points near the bed and an old USB port so unlikely to have a decent output, and a not a lot of outside rooms. I always seem to be upgraded to a poor quality superior one, E.g. overlooking the entrance escalator and bar area, or they are hosting an event with a lot of late night noise.
Hilton Garden Inn.

360-bedroom hotel

THe last info I have on the project
chistery likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Usually we arrive ex-LGW, and as 2 elders dragging luggage we play 2 options:

Arrive by bus: Sofitel on secret deal, even though we don’t like it apart from T5 convenience.
Arrive by cab: The Stanwell, and a cab from there to T5 in the morning. (I note the restaurant is now somewhat diminished, so that may influence any future decisions. It used to be very good.)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:45 am

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn 3 weeks ago. It took the free intra-terminal bus to Hatton Cross and it was a short peaceful walk maybe 400-800 meters. I was on the fourth floor facing the runway (by request). It was nice for plane watching. Where I really wanted to stay was the other Hilton that was supposedly within walking distance to Windsor castle but it was booked.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Cripes-a-mighty....

I am overwhelmed and humbled by the wealth of knowledge and experience that my inquiry has generated. 'Apollo00' and 'USA_flyer' good point i will get a quote for a taxi trip across town. The Sofitel looks/sounds 1st class but is $$$$.

That said its looking like a choice between the Thistle or Premier Inn T5 if the Taxi is marginal.

Once again thanks for the input all and i will let you know how my trip goes.

Regards

Paul
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by mwp1
I always use the renaissance , 423 bus from stand 6 takes 10-15 mins and free

i pay for the hotel hoppa for the journey the following morning, takes 5 mins tops
Another vote for The Renaissance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.