Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Hotel options - for one night only....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by holloway1000
He just beat me to it.
The other one that is convenient i believe is the Thistle T5.
I use the Thistle fairly frequently since it's often very good value for money, and I find it surprisingly comfortable despite not being in the first flush of youth. Sofitel is unbeatable for convenience, if money is no object. HGI at Hatton Cross is also on my list, though since one needs to allow 30 minutes to get to T5 (given the tube frequency) one may as well stay in the vicinity of Paddington. Hilton T4 and Premier Inn T4 are good compromises between price and convenience. However that Premier Inn is a bit of a zoo, with 613 bedrooms, Doubletree Bath Road is where I stay the most, mainly because I like to have non airport facilities (shops and restaurants) available. You will find my review of the Moxy in the Marriott forum, often the very cheapest option on the Heathrow estate; and the UK and Ireland forum has many thread on this very topic. Many of the hotels here are run by just one organisation - Arora Hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (Oh yeah!)
Another vote for the Sofitel, I've tried quite a few of the various hotels around T5 and the Sofitel ranks best for me on location and room,

We booked through last minute (mystery hotel) via TCB, it worked out a couple of quid north of £100
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by YacozA
Might be worth checking the Premier Inn @ Heathrow T4 as well.
Has some really good deals certain days, and a quick bus or Tube transfer to T5
I always stay at Premier Inn T4, its quiet and has really comfortable beds and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities!

If you want quicker wifi its only £5 to upgrade too
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Sofitel is £114 on lastminute.com for Aug 23rd, in disguise as 'Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow. 0.56mi from Airport'.

The Thistle is convenient because you can use the pod to glide into T5 for a small charge (£5 I think?).
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
The Thistle is convenient because you can use the pod to glide into T5 for a small charge (£5 I think?).
Yes, £5 per person each way for the pod to the Thistle. Or you can get the 423 bus for free.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Given what you've said on your location, I'd think that your local taxi or minicab company (I'd use Addison Lee myself) will get you there in comfort at that time of day for less than the cost of the Sofitel for sure and likely less than the cost of another mediocre airport hotel. Not knocking the Sofitel as it's actually quite pleasant but in that scenario I'd probably rather just get a taxi from home in the morning.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Wink

Originally Posted by Cymro
Any preferences for cost/standards? I'm a big fan of the Hilton Garden Inn - 10 min from Hatton Cross station, fairly comfortable with decent service and excellent breakfast at very good rates. Best of all, no need to deal with the Hotel Hoppa.
I am staying here for the night before my bank holiday break later this month, what time is the first underground train to T3 from Hatton Cross? I want plenty of time in the CX lounge
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
I am staying here for a pre bank holiday break later this month, what time is the first underground train to T3 from Hatton Cross? I want plenty of time in the CX lounge
what day? If on a Saturday or Sunday morning the Piccadilly line is 24 hrs - although on Sunday the CX lounge doesn’t open until 0730, on other days it opens at 0530 so no need to get to T3 any earlier.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:50 am

We used the Thistle for the first time last week. It's "fine" - a little dated, yes, but not awful.
Bear in mind they charge you £5 (pp) each way for the POD (well, LHR charge them, and they pass on the charge) - the charge is to get a code for the gate to the POD car park. There's also apparently a shuttle bus at similar cost, or you can try and work out the local normal bus which I believe is free.
Best thing about the Thistle was watching stuff take off from the rooftop bar...
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:09 am

Compare the cost of a hotel room vs. sleeping in your bed & taxi in the morning.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
IBIS Styles is very acceptable, low cost, and near the 423 bus stop. Basically anything within the free bus ride area on the Bath Road is worth a look, you'll save a lot over the cost of the Sofitel at least when I last looked. I should just have a womble through the map of hotels on Google and try one that takes your fancy. The Premier Inn that serves T3 is very good indeed too, but outside the free bus area, this may be the one that was mentioned above.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Compare the cost of a hotel room vs. sleeping in your bed & taxi in the morning.
This is what I would do.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just to swerve OT a bit. ANy idea what brand the new Arora hotel at T2 will be?

With the new Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn at T4 there'll be a lot more choice soon at LHR.

I like the Sofitel but it could do with a bit of a refurb. No power points near the bed and an old USB port so unlikely to have a decent output, and a not a lot of outside rooms. I always seem to be upgraded to a poor quality superior one, E.g. overlooking the entrance escalator and bar area, or they are hosting an event with a lot of late night noise.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:41 am

The Sofitel is more expensive but if you book it through ba.com you can use your Avios points to pay all or part of the cost. I have done this a few times.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
I regularly use the Sheraton at LHR (not the Sheraton skyline) and jump on the Hotel Hoppa - Its £9 return from the terminal and take 6 mins. Cant fault the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.