Wiki Posts
Search

UK Passport - 1 week service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
UK Passport - 1 week service

Has anyone used this service before? https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-ur...-track-service

We are going to use this to get our child's first passport when we visit the UK next (dual citizen). Do they keep the supporting documents and send them back to us, or do you take them home on the day of your appointment? The form/guidance not online is not specific.

Mods: I wanted to post this as I didn't get guidance from gov.uk or the UK forum that truly helped. Please delete when/as you see fit or if it is answered.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:22 pm

To my knowledge you take them home, however why not call the advice line and ask?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:52 am

Can you not use the online premium service? Same day turnaround, I’ve used this before when I’ve not left enough gap in my travel schedule to use the classic method and was great.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by rlnnpt
Can you not use the online premium service? Same day turnaround, I’ve used this before when I’ve not left enough gap in my travel schedule to use the classic method and was great.
The premium service (online or paper) is not available to children.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
As stated above, not available to children and, even if it were, I suspect that it would not be appropriate in your case. I am going to assume that your child was born outside the UK and is entitled to UK citizenship by descent from one or both parents. In such cases, a higher degree of scrutiny is applied to the application which can sometimes take longer than usual. So, a first UK passport application could take longer than the length of the planned visit. I recommend that you apply from outside the UK in the prescribed manner and expect to wait 8 weeks (could be sooner, could be longer).

Renewals, however, are completely different; a passport renewal make from outside the UK takes only 10 days from the date of posting to the date of receiving.
NeedstoFly likes this.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Jul 13, 2018 at 3:49 am
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Not wanting to open a new thread but had the cleaners in last week. My passport was on my desk and is now gone.

Anyone experience of how long it takes to get a replacement sent out when abroad?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
Can't help really. As soon as a new or replacement passport is issued, the DHL courier service used by the passport agency will get it to your location within a day (or two, if very remote). Unfortunately, you have to get to the stage where a passport is actually emitted. Check the passport agency website and cross-check that information with anything stated on your local British consulate website to see what actions you must now take to get a replacement issued. You can also apply for an emergency travel document.
Worcester likes this.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Jul 16, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.