Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Restaurant in EDI landside?

Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy

I will be meeting a friend in the airport on our separate arrivals and we would like a restaurant where the first one to arrive can wait, AFTER collecting her luggage. According to the airport website, Turnhouse is "before security" but I don't see it on the airport maps. Is it possible to get bags and then make one's way to this restaurant easily?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Where are you both coming from ( ie domestic or international) and is there a lot of time between the arrival of your two flights?

There is a Starbucks by domestic arrivals and there is a food court (maybe including the Turnohuse restaurant close to the escalators leading to departures ( at the far end of the check in hall take the escalators up, turn right past WH Smith and the food court is on the left with security further on to your right.) I'm not sure of the exact name as I walk straight past them to departures)

After eating head back downstairs to the check in hall to leave the airport

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 17, 2018 at 2:13 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I'm also meeting someone this Thursday morning - both arriving separate Intl flights - looks to me like Costa Coffee is right outside Intl Arrivals?
From the airport website Terminal Map "Before Security"...hopefully it works - in any event we've met at much larger/more complicated airports - EDI looks fairly easy when compared to LHR/FRA/CDG, etc...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by rwm818
I'm also meeting someone this Thursday morning - both arriving separate Intl flights - looks to me like Costa Coffee is right outside Intl Arrivals?
From the airport website Terminal Map "Before Security"...hopefully it works - in any event we've met at much larger/more complicated airports - EDI looks fairly easy when compared to LHR/FRA/CDG, etc...
Hi,

Yes that's right.

If you prefer Starbucks there is one at the other end of the airport past the check in desks and just beyond the domestic baggage reclaim belts

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.