LHR transit questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR transit questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Always assumed star star gold would be recognised across airlines for gold track. Although I have star gold with Turkish not sure if I can find information regarding the same on their web page.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Status and or cabin class can get you to the priority immigration line but it is airline dependent because they pay for the service and not all do. So best check with Air India on that.

As to luggage that would depend on if your baggage allowance covers you for checking in both with one person for free (or you are willing to pay any fees for going over the limit).
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Three hours sounds OK, even f you have a small delay, I would investigate the 'what if's to find out how much it might cost you if you miss the Icelandair flight.

Your idea of giving all the bags to one person sounds good. You wouldn't have check them under one name for the Air India flight (the second person could just collect both off the belt), just for the Icelandair flight. If you're happy to split up, then that saves you two sets of rebooking fees if you're happy to split up.

Another thing you could investigate is a flexible fare booking on the later flight, and they change it to the earlier flight if you arrive in time. I don;t know enough about Icelandair to know the costs though.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:36 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Always assumed star star gold would be recognised across airlines for gold track. Although I have star gold with Turkish not sure if I can find information regarding the same on their web page.
At LHR fast track immigration is not part of Gold Track
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:46 pm

Which is quicker...tube or HEX for getting from T2 to T5? My husband and I are each flying to LHR, but I'm on BA and he's on NZ. We're meeting at T5, as his flight gets in slightly earlier than mine. I can't remember whether tube or HEX is better for this kind of a transfer...

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think the tube would be slightly quicker as it is slightly more frequent than the train ( the train runs every 15mins iirc). ( not sure about the relative distances from the platforms to the arrivals area0
You need a oyster card or contactless card to ride for free on the tube between T2/T3 and T5.
The train is free ( you may need a free transfer ticket from the machines)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tube station is also closer to T2 than HEX. That said the tube can be quite unpredictable...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:57 pm

I have a connecting BA flight into T3 Heathrow from Vienna (2/19 at 9am) with a separate ticket on AA 135 to LAX (at 1pm 2/19) I am unable to check in online (they claim that my initial check in process that processed my systemwide upgrade checked me in online in Economy so I can no longer check in). As such, I have no boarding pass. Do I need a boarding pass to clear security to my connecting flight in T3 (same terminal as arrival). No one at the Exp customer service lines seem to know and say I have to clear customs to get to a ticket desk. Any help or insight here would be great.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jumpingbean421
I have a connecting BA flight into T3 Heathrow from Vienna (2/19 at 9am) with a separate ticket on AA 135 to LAX (at 1pm 2/19) I am unable to check in online (they claim that my initial check in process that processed my systemwide upgrade checked me in online in Economy so I can no longer check in). As such, I have no boarding pass. Do I need a boarding pass to clear security to my connecting flight in T3 (same terminal as arrival). No one at the Exp customer service lines seem to know and say I have to clear customs to get to a ticket desk. Any help or insight here would be great.

Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk jumpingbean421.

I would print off a copy of your itineary ( as well as having it on your phone if you usually do so) and after getting off the BA flight follow signs ( purple ) to Flight Connections T3. There will be AA service desks before security to get your boarding pass. After that clear security and go to the departure lounge

This assumes you have carry on only.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 18, 2019 at 4:08 pm Reason: Correcting the location- thanks Karfa!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There are ba and aa service desks just before security at the flights connections centre in T3 - so although you can go through connections security without a bp you won’t need to and you can get it before.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:15 pm

Thanks everyone! So helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.