Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, AA, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Well, I didn't get earplugs (nor need them) and certainly didn't have any noise issues -- but it was February when I was there so not all that many people sitting outside at night. Maybe there was some construction going on? There are pubs around (where are there *not* pubs around in Dublin ) but not a high concentration like Temple Bar. It is an urban hotel so I'm sure there was the occasional siren and traffic noise but I don't remember anything bothering me. But some people are more sensitive to noise.
Thanks. I’ll look at it again. I know when I did it looked like it was in a pretty good location. (The reviews I read talked about loud noise from a bar at the street level of the hotel, but maybe the reviewers were just more sensitive).
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Veronyka

I like the Radisson Blu, though it is on the more expensive side. And I've looked at the Morrison by Doubletree also.
I've stayed at the Morrison, it's right across river from Temple Bar. Typical Doubletree hotel. Great location, and had no trouble sleeping at night. As I recall, the bus stop to and from the airport was just a short walk away, maybe 2 streets over. Several good restaurants and pubs in that area rather than going across the river if you want a relaxing night before the race.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.