Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 5 Hotel

LHR Terminal 5 Hotel

Old May 16, 2018, 8:13 pm

I stayed at the Sofitel two nights ago. It was easily accessible from Terminal 5 arrivals. The hotel feels pleasantly removed from the airport itself. It is quiet, well-maintained, and the staff were pleasant. I had a large room that was both silent and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay there any time.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA

i think you are getting your hotels confused! PETER01 and I are talking about the Premier Inn T5 not the Travelodge T5.

i havent stayed at the Travelodge before. Never looked that appealing. You arent selling it to me either
Yep, if nothing else, the reference to industrial estate makes it sound like the Travelodge (Ive only seen it twice, on the journey to and from the Hilton, but it does look like a hovel!). The PI is near the Thistle I think.

The Hilton T5, incidentally, is not particularly convenient!
Old May 17, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Cymro
...you can avoid buses and take the tube to the Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross...
The HGI Hatton Cross is my go-to. Short walk from tube, modern and quiet, usually cheap (and a deal on Honors points if you are in the program), and the interesting Green Man pub in Feltham is only 7 or 8 minutes' walk.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Stayed at the Sofitel for the first time last Saturday. Booked via the 'top secret' deal advertised on HfP for ~90. It's definitely the best T5 hotel experience I've had, and I've stayed at the Thistle and the Premier Inns on Bath Road a few times.

Originally Posted by KARFA
and the pods cost 5 per person each way if you are going to the thistle!
This is true if a) you choose to mention (or it's abundantly obvious) that you used the pods to get to the hotel and b) if you decide to have your whole party stand at the reception desk when you check out. Send the other's out to the pod gate and pay for one person, 5 each is a rip off. Last time I was there, I got to the gate and someone else was leaving, so I needn't have paid at all.

PS - The terrace of the bar at the Thistle has incredible views of runway 09L/27R, and is beautiful of a summer afternoon. Meanwhile, bafflingly, the Curve bar at the Sofitel T5 stops serving food at about 10:30pm, and last orders are called before midnight.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:01 pm

Sofitel also accepts Avios points. Full or partial.
Old May 26, 2018, 4:48 am

Last couple of trips to T5, we have stayed at T4 in the new premier inn which is attached to T4 by the same walkway used for the T4 Hilton Hotel. We’ve booked again for later this year and the room was only 29.50 and while not as luxurious as our stays at the Sofitel the premier inn is a decent hotel.

I did see see there is some new Holiday inn & Crowne Plaza opening in the same area of T4 so might be worth a look if you are happy to travel between terminals.

Weve then got the free train transfer from T4 to T5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.