Wiki Posts
Search

Flying out of BHX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Ex Marco Polo Club
Flying out of BHX

I am flying out of Birmingham for the first time in a few days and I have read a lot of bad stuff about it online. Is it as bad as it is supposed to be? I am flying out in the mid afternoon so will it still be busy then?

Also, what is the best lounge to use for priority pass? In London I used the No. 1 Lounges but they always seem to be really busy. Is the Aspire lounge okay?

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:36 pm

BHX isn’t a bad airport at all, a bit ‘tired’ in terms of infrastructure as such yet very functional in my opinion. Security and passports could get significantly busy during summer/holiday periods (and as you’d expect) but okay generally speaking. I used the airport on a weekly basis for just over 2 years during my commuting days and never had a bad experience, staff is also extremely friendly. With regards to the lounge: the Aspire has somewhat improved in terms of food (only a few months ago the whole offer consisted in soup, scones and bacon butties if you were lucky enough first in the morning), yet it does get incredibly busy at certain times (I used to pop-in just after 5PM on a Thursday and it was nearly always packed to the brim, to the point that they often re-directed people to the other lounge); the No1 has a manned bar and a few decent(ish) choices from the food menu, otherwise just soup, cakes & nuts — and in my experience it was always less busy than the other lounge (I used it when flying SN so I appreciate my experience is somewhat limited).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Apr 9, 2018 at 1:43 pm Reason: more info re: No1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.