Search

Bus Level LHR Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Bus Level LHR Terminal 5

Dear Forum members

I have a quick question...
Are the regular busses towards the city center at T5 just outside Level 0, or are they located downstairs where the tube and the HEX leave?
Thank you... xx

Last edited by UKgirl123; Mar 24, 2018 at 1:38 pm Reason: more specified enquiry
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:32 pm

Buses are the arrivals level.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Arrivals, outside the terminal, under the lowest level of parking. You do not go up or down any escalator or elevator to get to a bus from the arrivals (baggage, customs, horde of taxi drivers, Costa) level.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Do you means buses towards London city centre?

If so you may well be better on the tube or going to Central .us station outside T2/3
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks !
I would like to take the 423 to Heathrow for an overnight stay. Will arrive late that night. Then , the next day, will take the HEX to city centre
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:27 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
deleted
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
423 goes from ground level (same as M&S etc.)

Depending on frequency/location you *might* be better off taking a train to Heathrow Central and then changing. There is a good iOS app called "Bus Times" which accurately shows bus movements and times so you know if you need to rush/have just missed one.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
423s run every 20 minutes, it's my regular route to hotels on Bath Road.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by darloscott
423s run every 20 minutes, it's my regular route to hotels on Bath Road.
Didn't know that. Have spent unnecessary time on Piccadilly line to Heathrow C, and then waiting for a bus....
Thanks for the info^
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
For some purposes, in particular to get from T5 to the Compass Center for the Hyatt Place (former Arora) and the Sipson Way/Sipson Road junction for the Leonardo (former Holiday Inn) you can also use this number 7 service: https://bustimes.org/services/7-slough-heathrow which is also included in the Heathrow free travel zone. Bearing that in mind, direct bus is even more likely to be better than trying a train/bus combination.

But it does take a slightly different route to the 423 and at the Sipson Way end it uses a different stop so it's not a direct replacement going the other way. I have found it works quite well.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd
Buses are the arrivals level.
where passenger pick up should also be in any normal airport.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:11 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sts603

where passenger pick up should also be in any normal airport.
Not necessarily. Where airports have dedicated airport buses, very often they drop at departures and then continue to arrivals to pick up. Heathrow is probably an outlier in that the airport is not the final destination for many bus services, so it’s arguably more logical to just have a T5 stop, not separate arrival and departure ones.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UKgirl123
ok thanks !
I would like to take the 423 to Heathrow for an overnight stay. Will arrive late that night. Then , the next day, will take the HEX to city centre
I'm really confused.
You are planning to take the bus (423 from Hounslow-ish) to Terminal 5 late at night ... where do you plan on sleeping?
And then in the morning take the Heathrow Express into Paddington (Station)?
What is your rationale for doing that?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Hi and thanks for your replies - I will be travelling with two elderly people. We will arrive at Heathrow at 9.30 pm. It's too late for us/them to take Hex to city center, then bus to hotel. It is too strenuous. So we intend to take the bus to Heathrow village and stay overnight in the Heathrow Lodge. The 423 stops right there (or at least near there). Then the next day we will travel back with the same bus (hotel provides free shuttle bus too) to T5, then take HEX to Paddington.

The only question that remains: where to take breakfast... The hotel doesn't have one. But I guess we will just have one back at the Airport...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UKgirl123
Hi and thanks for your replies - I will be travelling with two elderly people. We will arrive at Heathrow at 9.30 pm. It's too late for us/them to take Hex to city center, then bus to hotel. It is too strenuous. So we intend to take the bus to Heathrow village and stay overnight in the Heathrow Lodge. The 423 stops right there (or at least near there). Then the next day we will travel back with the same bus (hotel provides free shuttle bus too) to T5, then take HEX to Paddington.

The only question that remains: where to take breakfast... The hotel doesn't have one. But I guess we will just have one back at the Airport...
Your plan still doesn't make much, if any, sense.
And you have incorrect information. The last HEX departs at 2348 (11.48pm) Mon-Sat and 2353 (11.53pm) on Sundays. Where did you get this 9.30pm from?
You are travelling with "two elderly" people ... and want to avoid stress of late-night travel?
Yet, you are going to walk from the Terminal 5 gate to Arrivals and then to a bus stop ... with luggage ... wait for a bus ... take luggage onto a bus ... get off ... walk ... stay at a hotel that has no breakfast ... walk back to bus with luggage ... take bus back to airport ... walk to HEX with luggage stopping off for breakfast along the way?
Why would you not just book a car service to take you to your destination in central London after arriving at 9.30pm? Much, much less stressful.
BearX220 likes this.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Mar 25, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: Added HEX last departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.