Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Refused Entry in UK via Brussels Eurostar...how does this affect future travel?

Refused Entry in UK via Brussels Eurostar...how does this affect future travel?

Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by UKGrad
It says "Leave to enter for 6 months." I wish I'd remembered to look and ask what that meant- whether that's for a total of six months worth of being in the country for this and subsequent visits or six months from the date of entry.
"Leave to enter" is a legal term which basically means that you have been granted entry to the UK with the standard conditions governing a visitor. Technically you "apply for leave to enter" each time you cross a UK border without an "advance entry clearance" (or unless you are not subject to immigration controls, or if you are eligible for administrative exemptions such as airline crew, TWOV concessions, etc..).

The standard clearance is a 6 month leave to enter, which is what you received. That means you can stay in the UK for 6 consecutive months before you must exit. If you wish to return at any time, either within the 6 month period or later, you will again apply for a new leave to enter at that time and will probably be granted a new 6 month period then.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
It is probably a good sign that you were granted leave to enter for 6 months. This is what usually happens even if you state you only want to stay in the UK for a day. Sometimes they can shorten the grant of entry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.