Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 Hotel + Parking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

LHR T5 Hotel + Parking

Hi Guys,

I have a price of £316.84 (with Accor member discount) for one night plus 14 nights parking at the Sofitel T5. (sans breakfast since it's an early flight and can eat in the Concorde Lounge)

I've stayed there before so there's no questioning the hotel quality and convenience but I was wondering if anyone else has any personal recommendations for a good quality hotel with a convenient shuttle to T5?

What's your 'go to' T5 hotel/parking option?

Cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:13 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Would a taxi cost less than £150 each way?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Travel hacking: the Sofitel can often be found for little over £100 on Hotwire if it's a weekend night. And Heathrow's own Meet&Greet parking can usually be had for around £150 through GoodToGo parking (their own discount site); although I'd be happy enough with cheaper thrid-party operators closer to £100. You'd have to walk from the short-stay to the Sofitel or move your car in the morning.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Well, people's expectations of comfort are different I suppose, but as an example the Premier Inn T4 is £31.00 on Feb 2nd and Heathrow Parking are quoting £101.90 for 14 nights from the same date, and the bus from T4 to T5 is £0.00, a total of £132.90.

That's £183.94 less than the Accor price !! In my book, avoiding a bit of wait for the Long Term shuttle plus a bit of bus ride in the morning are not worth £180+ !!!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I recently got the holiday inn on the bath road with 7 nights parking for under £90. Insides the free travel area on the busses.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:56 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is a LHR rather than BA issue, we’ll move it to our UK & Ireland forum.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.