Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

MAN sightseeing -- Better avoid the football crowds?

MAN sightseeing -- Better avoid the football crowds?

Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:47 am
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:17 pm

In terms of the football crowds query, anywhere you're going is not likely to be particularly affected, some pubs might just be a bit busier but there'll be plenty of plod about to make sure nothing happens. They've been perfectly happy to allow the game to take place on an evening kickoff in the past, and neither ground is anywhere near the city centre anyway
1flyer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Wander around the Northern Quarter and you'll be in Hipster Central - plenty of bars and shops. The daddy of them all is Affleks Palace - been around since my student days, 30 years ago! https://www.afflecks.com/

Might also be worth nosing around in Empire Exchange on Newton Street, just off Piccadilly Gardens. It's an eclectic mix of Vinyl, Collectables and "stuff".
1flyer likes this.

Last edited by MAN Pax; Nov 27, 2017 at 8:30 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
At the moment Manchester's centre is packed out with wooden shacks rented out by the council for exhorbitant sums to retailers selling over-priced tat.
It's what we call a christmas market

Bah humbug!
noniron likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.