Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Car Rental

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Dublin Car Rental

What is the most convenient way to rent a car at Dublin airport?

I go yearly and always end up having to wait 1+ hours in line at the rental car center even with a reservation. I notice that some car rentals places have a desk in the terminal building, can I actually get a car from there or do they just send you to the rental car area?

Trying to avoid having to wait in the long lines every time I come to get a car.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
If you are renting from Avis and are Avis Preferred, they have the keys at that desk in the terminal and your car is waiting for you in the car park across the road. I assume this is the case for Hertz Five Star also. I don't know about the others.

When I've rented through third parties, or with Budget, I've had to go to the car rental center.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Or look into picking up a car at an off-airport location, and returning at the airport. I did that with Hertz a couple of years ago, and it worked out great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.