Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Headed to London for the first time in 25 years

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
"Most underwhelming use of ££££ - Kensington Palace and the included Diana Dress Exhibit - I could have totally done without spending £55 for this."
WOW! That is pricey! Buckingham Palace was only 31 GBP!
I'll say. It seemed awfully steep, so I looked on their website and it says £15.50 per adult for tickets online or £17 at the door. Did you get some kind of special tour, or did you pay a scalper for one of the sold-out days, or something? Or was this the total for three people?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Giggleswick
I'll say. It seemed awfully steep, so I looked on their website and it says £15.50 per adult for tickets online or £17 at the door. Did you get some kind of special tour, or did you pay a scalper for one of the sold-out days, or something? Or was this the total for three people?
UGH you guys - typo. £35. But still, compared to everything else we did, the most underwhelming. I wish we'd taken that time, gotten up early, and done something different with 8am - noon. My daughter really wanted to see Stonehenge and we just couldn't fit it in. I kept telling her it was only "rocks in a field" (which I believe having been there), but it was something she really wanted to do. That would have been a great sub and we could have managed to be back in London by 1 or 2 pm and carried on with our plans.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I wish we'd taken that time, gotten up early, and done something different with 8am - noon. My daughter really wanted to see Stonehenge and we just couldn't fit it in. I kept telling her it was only "rocks in a field" (which I believe having been there), but it was something she really wanted to do. That would have been a great sub and we could have managed to be back in London by 1 or 2 pm and carried on with our plans.
Now you and her have a reason to go back - hopefully sooner than 25 years from now

David
bigguyinpasadena and ajGoes like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I would love pub/restaurant recommendations. We love finding small, mom-and-pop, hole-in-the-wall places that have outstanding food. We are not into fine dining and certainly not into overpriced dining. We also love all ethnic types of food too with Middle Eastern/Greek/Lebanese being my personal favorite but we will eat any type.
Is it possible to get a copy of the restaurant recommendations, they are just what I am looking for. I will be staying in Kensington, but plan on hitting many areas of the city.
thank you
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Originally Posted by dede021
Is it possible to get a copy of the restaurant recommendations, they are just what I am looking for. I will be staying in Kensington, but plan on hitting many areas of the city.
thank you
Me Too! Going in June and will also be in South Kensington.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dede021
thank you
If you like seafood, Scott's in Mayfair is excellent and great for people watching. A block a way is the Connaught Hotel, wonderful bar for a pre-dinner drink. And ogle at the young aristocrats.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We were in London last week and used Uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.