Wiki Posts
Search

Fast-track, non-EU immigration at LHR Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Fast-track, non-EU immigration at LHR Terminal 5

Hi all,

I am a UK Citizen. However, my wife is a non-EU national (a US Citizen). We'll be travelling into Heathrow Terminal 5 on a BA flight in Club Europe next month.

Given the above, she is eligible to use the fast-track immigration in that terminal, per here (under the 'Arrivals: Passport control' section).

Would it be quicker to either:
  1. 1) Have her to go through the fast-track immigration. I can either go with her through that line, or I use the e-gates then meet her on the other side.
  2. 2) Have us both go through the EU national line where we talk to a Border Force agent (we've used that line before. My wife hasn't signed up for the Registered Traveller Scheme so we can't use the e-gates unfortunately

We'll be landing into the UK around 11.30am on a Sunday morning.

Thanks for any thoughts, input or experiences.

P.S. You might ask "why don't you just check it out on the day?". That's fair. I've never really paid much attention to the faster entry line so I don't really know where it is.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I have the same issue with the better half.... we just assess each queue each time we arrive
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

I shall try to assess on the day.

Is there any experience you can offer as to which is generally faster?

I wouldn't want to reach a shorter non-EU fast-track lane, with only 10 people ahead of us, only for each person to take 5-10 minutes to process... compared to the EU line with 20 people ahead of us taking 2 minutes each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.