Wiki Posts
Search

Cotswolds daytrip from London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Cotswolds daytrip from London

Hi there

Planning a day trip to the Cotswolds area from London.
It seems like the Cotswolds are a collection of villages?

Any recommendations as to which area and how to get there?
I wont be driving.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Without a car, I'd suggest you head to Paddington, and take a train to Moreton in Marsh, should take a bit under 90 minutes. Trains roughly every hour.

Moreton's quite a nice little Cotswolds town, and you can also get a bus from there to Stow-on-the-Wold too, if you wanted. The train passes through Oxford, so you could even hop off there for a few hours on the way there or back, if that took your fancy
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
I believe there are coach tours from Oxford.

Broadway, Burford, Moreton in Marsh, Bourton on the Water, Stow on the Wold, Lower Slaughter, Bibury are all worth a visit.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank u all!
Ill check out those places.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Hi there

Planning a day trip to the Cotswolds area from London.
It seems like the Cotswolds are a collection of villages?

Any recommendations as to which area and how to get there?
I wont be driving.

Thanks!
I recommend Becky's Secret Cottage tour. You catch the train from London to Moreton-in-Marsh. Becky's tour guide picks you up in a small van (7 or 8 people I think) they take you back to Becky's charming thatched roof cottage where they have a welcoming fireplace where you have tea and they discuss the day's schedule. They drive you around the beautiful villages in the Cotswolds, return to the cottage for a wonderful lunch, then some more touring and return for a decadent cream tea. They truly make you feel like you are a guest/visitor in their home and not just a paying tourist. There is a really cute dog at the cottage to greet you too. The fireplace is so warm and cozy, they give you a view of the Cotswolds from a locals standpoint. I loved the tour and would do it again.

http://www.cotswoldtourismtours.co.uk

I haven't taken the Cotswolds Mystery tour, which doesn't include the great food at the cottage but it looks like it would be a great tour as well.

http://www.cotswoldsmysterytour.co.uk
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Wow this sounds interesting!
Doesnt seem that pricey too.

Thank u!

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I recommend Becky's Secret Cottage tour. You catch the train from London to Moreton-in-Marsh. Becky's tour guide picks you up in a small van (7 or 8 people I think) they take you back to Becky's charming thatched roof cottage where they have a welcoming fireplace where you have tea and they discuss the day's schedule. They drive you around the beautiful villages in the Cotswolds, return to the cottage for a wonderful lunch, then some more touring and return for a decadent cream tea. They truly make you feel like you are a guest/visitor in their home and not just a paying tourist. There is a really cute dog at the cottage to greet you too. The fireplace is so warm and cozy, they give you a view of the Cotswolds from a locals standpoint. I loved the tour and would do it again.

http://www.cotswoldtourismtours.co.uk

I haven't taken the Cotswolds Mystery tour, which doesn't include the great food at the cottage but it looks like it would be a great tour as well.

http://www.cotswoldsmysterytour.co.uk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.