Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Hotel advice morning flight from LHR-T4

Old Sep 4, 16, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-S, TK-E

Arriving LHR T5 BA from LIN,late afternoon, next morning leaving from T4,MH to KUL,10 am.
Looking for hotel advice,I will travel with my kid, 7 years, and 99% I'll have one piece of luggage,thanks to the latest OW rules on baggage interlining.
From the maps,probably best bet Hilton T4?
Old Sep 4, 16, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
The HGI at Hatton Cross is often quite a bit cheaper, and not much more of a faff transport wise - to T4 it's 1 stop on the tube (paid) or a few minutes on a local bus (free). (From T5 it's quite a bit longer on the bus, so I'd probably tube it there)

From the T5 Sofitel to T4, you'd need to spend 10 minutes on a local bus, free but not always quite as frequent as you might want (always seems to be 2 at once!)

Or, stay by Paddington station, take the Heathrow express both ways (+ connecting train T2/T3 to T4 on the way back), and spend a bit of time on arrival with your child in Hyde Park (5-10 mins walk from Paddington) or around the canals in Little Venice (ditto)
Old Sep 7, 16, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
There's a whole row of hotels by LHR that can be priced out, not just the walking distance Sofitel, etc. and an easy shuttle bus (hoppa) to take you there. I think they are officially located in Hayes. Check the Sheraton Skyline, etc.
Old Sep 7, 16, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
T4 Hilton gets my vote.
Old Sep 9, 16, 9:29 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by tdo-ca View Post
... and an easy shuttle bus (hoppa) to take you there.
... which are slow, generally more infrequent than local buses (although less so for T4) and expensive. Honestly, nobody in the know takes them - the local bus service is much, much quicker and almost as convenient. I've noticed that even the hotels have stopped pushing the Hoppa service now, and are more likely to ask if you want a taxi.

I would personally also use the Hilton Garden Inn near Hatton Cross tube - it's no more than a three minute walk from the tube station.

Bus numbers 482 or 490 leave from stand A at the station, and will get you to T4 in five minutes the following morning for precisely nothing - Hatton Cross is within the Heathrow Free Ride Zone that the airport funds.
Old Sep 11, 16, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA-S, TK-E
Thanks for all the replies, most likely I'll change my flight from LIN to AZ, arriving at T4, so it will make sense get the Hilton T4.
If I should stay with BA from LIN, I'll opt our for the HGI.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: