Wiki Posts
Search

BBC documentary on Highland Airports

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
BBC documentary on Highland Airports

from the depths of iPlayer - a BBC Alba documentary on the airports of Scotland's Highlands and islands. It's partly in Gaelic (with English subtitles), but most of the people featured speak English.

In common with most TV documentaries these days, there needs to be a bit of jeopardy - in the first episode, it's whether Shonnie the refuller at Benbecula will be able to get a cup of tea.

It's fascinating to compare with documentaries about LHR or LGW - the trainee controller at LSI loves the pressure of having to deal with one flight leaving at the same time as another arriving...

the first four episodes are online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0798vp6 - and there's four more to come.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for posting. I've puit it on my download list!
Old May 19, 2016, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by teflon
from the depths of iPlayer - a BBC Alba documentary on the airports of Scotland's Highlands and islands. It's partly in Gaelic (with English subtitles), but most of the people featured speak English.
Even when they speak in English it can be hard to understand.

I was able to download four episodes from another source but have only seen the first few minutes of episode 1. Easy watching and a good insight into the operations at Scotland's smaller airports. It'll no doubt make me homesick.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Even when they speak in English it can be hard to understand.

I was able to download four episodes from another source but have only seen the first few minutes of episode 1. Easy watching and a good insight into the operations at Scotland's smaller airports. It'll no doubt make me homesick.
Here's your chance - get Telefe to make a programme about Argentina's remoter airports. You can do the voice-over for international sales
Old May 19, 2016, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Here's your chance - get Telefe to make a programme about Argentina's remoter airports. You can do the voice-over for international sales
I can imagine the script. ''Hey Pablo let's go on strike''...''Great idea Gerardo,what's the reason?"....''Two hours have passed since the last one''.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:39 pm

Thanks for sharing this - I just watched the first episode. I am a sucker for airport/airline documentaries (but I feel I'm in good company on here...).

The guy speaking in Gaelic was a tad dull... how many times was he going on about the amount of fuel?... then it all turned out okay after all, as we could have predicted. Funny that

An enjoyable watch. A world away from Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.