NQY news

Old Oct 29, 15, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
NQY news

Just a little update from the westcountry.

The 5.00 ADF is being scrapped effective end of March 16.

NQY is back on the FR map effective 3rd April 16 with twice weekly HHN & ALC.

Grapevine suggests that there could be more to follow but not from FR

cs
Old Oct 30, 15, 12:18 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Just a little update from the westcountry.

NQY is back on the FR map effective 3rd April 16 with twice weekly HHN & ALC.

Grapevine suggests that there could be more to follow but not from FR

cs
Could someone translate this into American English for me?
Old Oct 30, 15, 7:49 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Finally. How long did it take them to realise that it did more harm than good?
Old Oct 30, 15, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Newquay airport in Cornwall charge a 5 fee at the airport to depart, but are ceasing to do so at the end of March.

Three days after the charge ceases, Ryanair are starting service to Hahn (which they allege is somewhere in the general vicinity of Frankfurt) and Alicante (Spain).

Rumors suggest that other non-Ryanair airlines will follow suit.

(I assume they'll still charge the fee, it'll just be bundled into the ticket price now like it is everywhere else. Heathrow charges something insane like 42.)
Old Nov 1, 15, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by marlborobell View Post
Newquay airport in Cornwall charge a 5 fee at the airport to depart, but are ceasing to do so at the end of March.

Three days after the charge ceases, Ryanair are starting service to Hahn (which they allege is somewhere in the general vicinity of Frankfurt) and Alicante (Spain).

Rumors suggest that other non-Ryanair airlines will follow suit.

(I assume they'll still charge the fee, it'll just be bundled into the ticket price now like it is everywhere else. Heathrow charges something insane like 42.)
Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 15, 4:27 am

ADF = Airport Development Fee
Old Nov 1, 15, 6:50 am

Thanks!
If only there were a near-ubiquitous internet-search engine on which you could have looked all this up...
Old Nov 2, 15, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by ajax View Post
If only there were a near-ubiquitous internet-search engine on which you could have looked all this up...
Thanks for the valuable tip, that never occurred to me.
Old Nov 2, 15, 2:44 pm

Thanks for the valuable tip, that never occurred to me.
Clearly not, as you expected someone else to do it for you...
Old Nov 2, 15, 3:24 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Children, now, please. Altavista searches or not, let's keep it Cornish on this thread.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old Nov 3, 15, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by stut View Post
Children, now, please. Altavista searches or not, let's keep it Cornish on this thread.

stut
UK & Ireland
Ha ha - I knew you'd call me out. Sorry for letting my emotion get the better of me, everyone
Old Nov 12, 15, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Good Morning children!

Further news out of NQY:

No new operators as yet, however Flybe are doing the following:

1)- 3 daily NQY-LGW and 1 daily NQY-MAN are being upgraded from the DH8-Q400 to the EMB 195 to provide suitable increase in seats, the E95 will now be the based aircraft at NQY.

2)- 3 weekly DSA-NQY will operate on a DSA based E95

3)- new once weekly ABZ-NQY on the Q400

Im expecting more will eventually be announced, Flybe generally release the majority of schedules in one hit and then a further trickle around 3-4 weeks after the initial.

Theres some scheduling gaps currently for the based E95 which sees some downtime over the weekends when the LGW schedule is reduced so fully expect the gaps to be plugged.

General feeling is that further German routes will appear sooner or later, however either way its nice to see the airport heading in the right direction!

cs
Old Nov 12, 15, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Good Morning children!

Further news out of NQY:

No new operators as yet, however Flybe are doing the following:

1)- 3 daily NQY-LGW and 1 daily NQY-MAN are being upgraded from the DH8-Q400 to the EMB 195 to provide suitable increase in seats, the E95 will now be the based aircraft at NQY.

2)- 3 weekly DSA-NQY will operate on a DSA based E95

3)- new once weekly ABZ-NQY on the Q400

Im expecting more will eventually be announced, Flybe generally release the majority of schedules in one hit and then a further trickle around 3-4 weeks after the initial.

Theres some scheduling gaps currently for the based E95 which sees some downtime over the weekends when the LGW schedule is reduced so fully expect the gaps to be plugged.

General feeling is that further German routes will appear sooner or later, however either way its nice to see the airport heading in the right direction!

cs
BE recently announced they are pulling out of BOH (annoyingly, as it is the closest airport to my parents, although SOU is not too bad). This will free up a lot of aircraft to use in other places.

Does anyone know the nature of the PSO on NQY-LON? Does BE get a flat rate per passenger or per rotation? If its the latter, the upgauge may represent a real increase in demand.
Old Nov 12, 15, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
BE recently announced they are pulling out of BOH (annoyingly, as it is the closest airport to my parents, although SOU is not too bad). This will free up a lot of aircraft to use in other places.

Does anyone know the nature of the PSO on NQY-LON? Does BE get a flat rate per passenger or per rotation? If its the latter, the upgauge may represent a real increase in demand.
Can't find it quickly but I recall it being per passenger when it was originally announced.

The PSO only covers NQY-LGW, the summer daily STN rotation on an Q400 doesn't fall within the PSO.

The LGW-NQY carries codeshare with BA and EK, interestingly iv just booked via BA for a member of family to fly NQY-LGW-DUB all on BA flight numbers and not actually stepping foot on a BA aircraft !

Flybe have recently done similar deals with the E95s to place them at CWL, NQY, DSA etc as these birds have been parked due to being surplace and unable to get out of the leases. I think at one stage there was 5 parked on the raf side of NQY !

cs
Old Nov 12, 15, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The LGW-NQY carries codeshare with BA and EK, interestingly iv just booked via BA for a member of family to fly NQY-LGW-DUB all on BA flight numbers and not actually stepping foot on a BA aircraft !
I think that may be a mistake. Normally the BA*EI codeshare is only available when connecting to longhaul BA ---unless it is a recent change of course with the new BA-EI codeshare agreement.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: