Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NQY news

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Flybe NQY - MAN now up to 12 weekly for summer 16 using a mix of E95, Q400 and E75

cs
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Any hope of Newquay from London City again? Even if it goes via Plymouth? Going via Gatwick eliminates the time saving that LCY offers (well, offers me at least! )
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
The LGW-NQY carries codeshare with BA and EK, interestingly iv just booked via BA for a member of family to fly NQY-LGW-DUB all on BA flight numbers and not actually stepping foot on a BA aircraft !
Originally Posted by Calchas
I think that may be a mistake. Normally the BA*EI codeshare is only available when connecting to longhaul BA ---unless it is a recent change of course with the new BA-EI codeshare agreement.
I was wrong: BA's new relationship with EI allows a great deal more codesharing on EI legs. The previous restriction about longhaul connectivity has been removed.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by dddc
Any hope of Newquay from London City again? Even if it goes via Plymouth? Going via Gatwick eliminates the time saving that LCY offers (well, offers me at least! )

There's a sniff of it.
It was loaded in the timetable earlier this week by BE. Once daily excl Saturday between July and September.

So a brief run for summer 16 seems to be planned. It's now been removed from the schedules but I would expect an announcement soon tbh.

Likewise, the summertime additional frequencies on NQY-MAN have vanished, instead they are now added very late in the day for the first 3 months of 2016.

Personally I expect some more tweaking when the remainder of the schedule is released. Including the LCY route.

cs
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:22 am

Good news for Newquay - new Flybe flights to Glasgow and Liverpool commencing May 2016 and now bookable.

http://www.cornishguardian.co.uk/Fly...ail/story.html

With this, Ryanair's new flights to Alicante and Frankfurt-Hahn, and the scrapping of the ADF, things are looking up for Newquay.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Good news for Newquay - new Flybe flights to Glasgow and Liverpool commencing May 2016 and now bookable.

http://www.cornishguardian.co.uk/Fly...ail/story.html

With this, Ryanair's new flights to Alicante and Frankfurt-Hahn, and the scrapping of the ADF, things are looking up for Newquay.
yes and no!

the LPL route is a replacement for the dropped U2 LPL-NQY route which ran twice weekly on the A319 so quite some drop in capacity compared to last year on that route.

this also marks the end of U2 at NQY

GLA was also operated several times weekly up until a couple of years ago by Loganair on the S34.

I still think that Flybe has more to come for NQY.

The LBA government/backed funded route is yet to be announced and I suspect we might see some additional capacity added to the MAN route which is currently 8 weekly down from 10 last year, however 7 of the flights are now operated by the E95 instead of the Q400.

certainly interesting times ahead me thinks!

cs
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

certainly interesting times ahead me thinks!

cs
And doesn't this area of the UK deserve it? ^
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes and no!

the LPL route is a replacement for the dropped U2 LPL-NQY route which ran twice weekly on the A319 so quite some drop in capacity compared to last year on that route.

Frequency > capacity on this kind of short and thin route, I think.

This kind of thing should be BE heaven
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
And doesn't this area of the UK deserve it? ^
Plymouth will reopen next!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Plymouth will reopen next!
As much as I would love that. I very much doubt it
cs
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Frequency > capacity on this kind of short and thin route, I think.

This kind of thing should be BE heaven
Totally agree.
However LPL & GLA now join a growing list of once weekly routes at NQY.

cs
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:56 am

yes and no!

GLA was also operated several times weekly up until a couple of years ago by Loganair on the S34.
I stand corrected, thanks!

As much as I would love that. I very much doubt it
cs
I was just kidding. I don't expect any small closed regional airports to open their doors to commercial passenger traffic again (I'm amazed Carlisle is doing so).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.