Immigration and customs blitz T5

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:41 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

Arrived at C gates at 0500 this morning and took ages to deplane as UKBF were checking for transit visas (which usually are never seen by government officials when the visas are actually being used). EU/EEA ciitzens and non-visa nationals were waved through without looking at people's faces, just the photo page of the passport.

Then on exiting baggage reclaim, customs were in evidence (with dog) and profiling which pax to pull aside for further examination of luggage. I predicted the TOWIE-looking girls and the mainland Chinese couple with a big cardboard box - both correctly - which meant that I slipped through unaccosted. Well, my coat cost more than Ł390...

This is the first time I have seen customs at work earlier than 0800, and only had deplaning passport checks once before at LGW in 2007.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Hmmm February. I'm guessing someone has unspent budget to use by end of March.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I had deplaning passport checks arriving from BOG in T2 last month. Plus there were Customs swarming the baggage reclaim.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:44 am

Saw nothing unusual at T2 this morning along these lines, arriving from USA
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by :D!
Arrived at C gates at 0500 this morning and took ages to deplane as UKBF were checking for transit visas (which usually are never seen by government officials when the visas are actually being used). EU/EEA ciitzens and non-visa nationals were waved through without looking at people's faces, just the photo page of the passport.

Then on exiting baggage reclaim, customs were in evidence (with dog) and profiling which pax to pull aside for further examination of luggage. I predicted the TOWIE-looking girls and the mainland Chinese couple with a big cardboard box - both correctly - which meant that I slipped through unaccosted. Well, my coat cost more than Ł390...

This is the first time I have seen customs at work earlier than 0800, and only had deplaning passport checks once before at LGW in 2007.
May have been an APIS-data-driven check. That, and/or maybe it's time to ramp up the assigned staff hours to try to make the case for budget protection/expansion purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.